Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Durkin Tactical Franklin Armory
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/2/2015 2:28:05 PM EDT
Just wondering if anyone knows of good fiber optic or tritium  iron sights or sight post? Would prefer both rear and front but would settle on just front.
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 7:40:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Take look at Trijicon.
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 8:45:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Keep in mind those front sights are going to be very fat.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 2:09:46 AM EDT
[#3]
I have this one.. It's not fat at all.  

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002INGN8?keywords=ameriglo%20ar15%20tritium%20night%20sight&qid=1446530858&ref_=sr_1_fkmr0_1&sr=8-1-fkmr0

I do find however that adjusting it was a pain in the ass.  My 5 prong front sight tool wasn't long enough to fully depress the detent to adjust sight height.  I needed to use a small precision screwdriver to press the detent while I adjusted the sight's height.  Then once I got the height adjusted, my tool was perfect for depressing the detent enough to spin the "tritium housing" around to face the correct direction, without messing up the height.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 9:33:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Don't do it OP.

Mark my words, you will be disappointed if you expect to shoot well in the dark using these things.

Fiber Optic front posts have some utility for daytime shooting, making a front post a little more eye-catching.

Tritum sights are fucking useless on a long gun.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top