Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/4/2005 5:55:04 AM EDT
I am trying to decide on a case that I would like to hold my m4gery, xd40, and if possible but not necessary my 870 20".  My G/F got me one for our anniversary-

It fits the m4gery, xd, and surefire light in the main part and then in the little sectioned off part it holds 2 30rds, 1 xd 10rd, earplugs, xd 9mm conversion barrel, and cleaning kit.
Pretty nice and she got it for $45 marked down from $90.  
It also fits like it was made for my 97 camaro.  

The only downside I see is that it has not so good latches, cant fit the 870, and I would like to get the full foam inserts to cut out.  It does have a lower piece of foam and then a mid that I can cut out but I would like to get rid of the waffle stuff.  

So should I stick with it or get a pelican 1700 that costs alot more or maybe even go with a S.E.R.T eagle  softy?
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 6:07:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Probably not what you're looking for, but it works great for me. I can carry my carbine, nine mags, and everything I need for the range in this box. It cost me around 24.00 at Lowe's and I can ride with it in my vehicle without anyone getting their panties in a wad.

Link Posted: 10/4/2005 6:28:46 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Probably not what you're looking for, but it works great for me. I can carry my carbine, nine mags, and everything I need for the range in this box. It cost me around 24.00 at Lowe's and I can ride with it in my vehicle without anyone getting their panties in a wad.

img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/jdgiii/1-92-850toolbox.jpg

Are you serious?  Can you show me some actual pics of how you fit all of that in there?
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 6:32:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Pelican 1750
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 7:00:51 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Pelican 1750

The only other thing I can think of is that it has to fit comfortably in my camaro.  I have the original bushmaster case and that is to long to ride in the car.  I am looking for as short as possible(870 will be the deciding factor)

I would like to be able to fit the shotty in because I do take it home often to hunt etc.
will check the length specs of the 1750.
Had originally considered the 1700 but that would put me at the same spot I am now with my case only more expensive.

I guess I could prob keep the one i got and get another one for the shotgun and still come out cheaper than the pelicans although they are really sweet.

Any comments on the case I have? Should I keep it?
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 7:11:22 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/jdgiii/1-92-850toolbox.jpg

Are you serious?  Can you show me some actual pics of how you fit all of that in there?

Here's a couple of how-to links on this set up. I have not used any foam in mine yet. I've got my upper and lower wrapped in cloth. The loaded mags are laid flat across the bottom. My cleaning kit and muffs are beside the upper and lower, and all of my tools and spare parts are in the tray. My upper is a 16" barrel plus the flash hider and it has to sit cross ways in the tool box. I think a 14.5" barrel will fit in this particular box more easily.  If you go this route be try to find a true 26" box. The one I bought is only 26" across the top.  I'll try to take pics of mine when I can make time.  

groups.msn.com/TheMarylandAR15ShootersSite/useatoolboxasam4case.msnw

quarterbore.com/ar15m16/toolbox.html
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 7:14:27 AM EDT
[#6]
I don't have any cases, and my guns touch each other in the safe too!
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 7:15:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 7:23:13 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Softsided guitar case works well for me.  Stealth mode carry. Hotels, etc.

TRG

Thats a good idea.  Especially if your known for being a guitar player.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 8:22:47 AM EDT
[#9]
I will do a low profile one also(thinking the toolbox idea) but as far as basic transport to the range and in the car type stuff.  I just want it protected from blows to the barrel/sights etc. It can get scratched thats not the problem but I dont want to hurt accuracy
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 8:48:10 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Softsided guitar case works well for me.  Stealth mode carry. Hotels, etc.

TRG

Yep I got one of those - $20 at Walmart and nobody knows I've got a decked out M4 in there.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 9:07:46 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Had originally considered the 1700 but that would put me at the same spot I am now with my case only more expensive.

My bad, I use the 1700.

You can do double layer on it if need be.....

The 870 would be a problem though, unless you took it apart.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 10:23:54 AM EDT
[#12]
Tagged for links.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 10:55:47 AM EDT
[#13]
Alright took some pics with everything loaded.  Still need to get foam for cutouts to hold things in place but you can see where things will go.  Looks pretty good I think(for $45)-

Link Posted: 10/4/2005 7:43:35 PM EDT
[#14]
bump for someone to reply about my case
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 7:50:11 PM EDT
[#15]
I think that the case is fine.  The only question I have about it is whether or not it is thick enough to buy two layers of foam for the bottom in order to do cut-outs.  It looks like you could fit more stuff in there that way.  For instance, just below the barrel you could put a few more mags.  Just my .02
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 7:54:16 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I think that the case is fine.  The only question I have about it is whether or not it is thick enough to buy two layers of foam for the bottom in order to do cut-outs.  It looks like you could fit more stuff in there that way.  For instance, just below the barrel you could put a few more mags.  Just my .02

There is actually a 1" or so layer under the waffle so I could do cutouts now but I want to get the solid foam to hold things better.  I will prob do the xd mag under the barrel and do another 2 mags in the sectioned off part.  I figure 2 mags in the case is good and I carry another 4 on my dropleg.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 8:00:01 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

+1 for the SBR
+1 for the SureFire E2D !   (I love mine too!)

Question, what is the round thing beneath the FH/above the extra barrel?
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 8:00:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Sounds like a plan.  Looks like a great deal on a case.  I would keep it.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 8:03:33 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1 for the SBR
+1 for the SureFire E2D !   (I love mine too!)

Question, what is the round thing beneath the FH/above the extra barrel?

Its actually legal length 16"
Its a surefire spare battery/extra bulb holder. Best $15 you could ever spend.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 8:04:55 PM EDT
[#20]
u need more mags
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 8:08:02 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Ah, she appeared to be a 14.5".   Oh cool, I don't think I've ever seen one of those.  I should probably get one.  I have a ton of extra batteries, gotta love their 10 year shelf life!
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 2:06:32 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ah, she appeared to be a 14.5".   Oh cool, I don't think I've ever seen one of those.  I should probably get one.  I have a ton of extra batteries, gotta love their 10 year shelf life!

Well technically you do have good eyes and it is a 14.5".  BUT- There is a spacer at the end to make it 16" overall if you look closely.  
Ya they make another model that will hold 6 batteries and the weaponlight bulbs.  This one i have holds 4 and the smaller bulb for my e2d.  

As for the more mags comment I have 4 in my dropleg that I shoot with and 6 mags at the range is enough for me haha
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top