Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/3/2004 7:53:16 PM EST
Hi, I posted in the sling forum and did a search and didn't come across anything, so here is my question:

I have a Troy MRF-MX free-float rail system on my rifle and a Specter Gear (Formerly CQB Solutions) 3-point sling. I was ordering a bunch of stuff from Eagle Firearms so along with that order I picked up a Yankee Hill Machine Dovetail Sling Mount (YHM-9485S). It works, but I didn't realize how dramatically this thing sticks out from the rail (and it is indeed a dramatic bulge).

Can anyone recommend a good quality/design low profile side-sling rail adapter? Swivel capability is not necessary, not even really desired.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 7:59:18 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/3/2004 8:01:41 PM EST by H-barCarbine]
I got my adapter from ACE, same guys that make stocks. I can't say enought good things about it. Quiet, no moving parts, and I don't think there is anyway you could break it. Webpage says it's 19.99 but when I called them up to order, it was only $16 plus $4.50 for shipping.

www.aceltdusa.com/accessories.htm

I have my Specter 3-point sling hooked up to it as well. Works like a charm.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 9:06:01 PM EST
Wow, that does look like it will do the trick. I wish I had seen this before I spent money on the YHM.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 9:27:57 PM EST
I like this one more. It's the one I'll be getting here soon:

www.midwesttactical.com/product.asp?itemid=546&catid=126
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 9:44:42 PM EST
www.cmmginc.com

they have a very nice one there for 20 dollars, and it doesnt stick out very far at all. I have one and soon will be ordering another. Great side sling adapter for a rail system.
Top Top