Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 11:42:28 AM EDT
[#1]
I think it's with the bolt/bolt carrier too.  Or else I agree with you.
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 11:48:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Question is, what is a good price for a 10 year visit with Bubba?

This whole thing screams "setup". Seller states "I HAVE NO PAPER WORK" and not only a DIAS, but a lower receiver drilling jig as well.

Hope some poor sucker doesn't fall into this trap.
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 12:46:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Hope some poor sucker doesn't fall into this trap.
View Quote

Looks like four suckers already fell for it! [:D]
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 12:57:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Now this is interesting.  I'd put money this is a trap.  But get this - look through the seller's previous auction history.  Looks like ATF or whoever is doing this is buying parts on ebay, maybe investigating what they get.  Be cautious and be legal.
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 1:19:28 PM EDT
[#5]
[b][lol] You guys are so paranoid it's unreal. Looking back at his auctions (buying or selling) I see nothing but Harley Davidson stuff ,silver wear and blue jeans. No gun parts what so ever.  Stop watching so much TV would you guys. [/b]
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 1:39:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
[b][lol] You guys are so paranoid it's unreal. Looking back at his auctions (buying or selling) I see nothing but Harley Davidson stuff ,silver wear and blue jeans. No gun parts what so ever.  Stop watching so much TV would you guys. [/b]
View Quote

My bad.  It's the bidder history that's suspect.
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 1:55:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Any auction with "L@@K" in the title is suspect enough![puke]
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 2:14:55 PM EDT
[#8]
While I do see a DIAS I do not see the bolt that you guys keep refering to.

Seems odd that while he knows nothing about these parts he did know enough to pic the bottom of the bolt carrier so those that do know what it's about will know what they are bidding on.
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 2:17:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Dave

I do see the DIAS.  I couldn't get the pics to enlarge at first and missed it, hence the deleted post.
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 5:34:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Please excuse my ignorance, but what is a DIAS?
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 5:36:30 PM EDT
[#11]
No forgiveness necessary, its Drop In Auto Sear.
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 6:31:57 PM EDT
[#12]
DIAS = JAIL!!!!  Don't get caught with one, if you want to ever own another firearm again!  That one little part is an unregistered class 3 weapon, according to the BATF.  There are some registered ones out there, but they are sold under NFA rules and are transferable on an ATF Form 4.

D. Goodnight
OKC, OK
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 7:29:42 PM EDT
[#13]
$175.00 and 4 days to go. My participation on E-bay was disappointing. Seems most items sell at or above value of what you can buy locally and still face shipping costs, with the additional thought of losing your money or going to jail thru a sting operation.  Drop the DIAS and you are around Bushmasters new price area. Let the buyer beware, Jeep
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 8:47:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Yeah somebody must have emailed him, the items are no longer available. He knows nothing about the parts, but he makes sure you see the bolt carrier enough to know it is a M-16. Has one picture of the drilling jig by itself, I have never even seen a picure of one of those before. Last, but not least, he seperated the lower parts from the upper parts-but he did not know anything about the parts. Well maybe they were already seperated in plastic bag before he got them to sale.  Amos
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top