Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/16/2003 1:22:39 PM EDT
I just went to a local gun show today and picked up 1 Labelle and 1 Sanchez USGI mags for $17 and $18 respectively.  They are both manufacture year 1989.  I am new to ARs, as I only have one and these are my first mags.  Did I get a good deal or did I get ripped?  Thanks for the replies.
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 1:44:28 PM EDT
[#1]
If new, or nearly so, slightly on the bargain side; by a few bucks.  If used but not beat up, about right. Anything less than that in condition, you decide[:D]
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 1:47:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Well they were NIW.   I assume this would make them a deal then?
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 3:49:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes that is a pretty good price for NIW mags at the present time.
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 3:57:06 PM EDT
[#4]
What would be the normal going rate for mags like these?  I ask because these are nice and I would like to order some from either people on the EE or in my town and I want to know when I come across a deal.  Thanks for the replies.
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 4:13:47 PM EDT
[#5]
The area you live in really dictates the price for mags, unless buying on the internet. The last time I checked NIW mags would go for around $25 each in most places. Some regions of the country they can be as high as $40-$50 each. Obvioulsy that is a ridiculous price but there are some people who pay them.

I buy all my mags at the local gunshow and usualy I can find mags in 90% or better condition for $10-$15. There are guys who will ask more for them, but I have reached a point where I won't pay more then that. I personally won't pay more just to have a mag in plastic but if I found them at the price you did, I would consider it even with the end of the ban so close.

I bet you wish they had more of then just two of them. [;)]

Link Posted: 8/16/2003 4:20:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Thats a great deal for NIW USGI mags
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 4:28:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Yeah I wish I had gottne more.  But for now I guess they will have to do.  Like you said, maybe after the ban sunsets there will be an lowering of price all over the country and regional-specific prices like the ones you speak of will disappear.  But a quick question, if the ban sunsets, will current LEO mags be available to the public?  Just curious.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top