Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/9/2005 11:11:52 PM EDT
See this URL: http://www.gunsmokeenterprises.net/GSE%20PISTOL.htm

Does anyone have any experience with this company? Do they make quality AR-15 pistols? I'm looking for the very BEST AR-15 Pistol available... Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks.

Link Posted: 9/10/2005 9:37:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/10/2005 9:38:42 PM EDT by Kaliburz]
Well, I don't have a Gunsmoke Ent. pistol, but I have a Model 1 Sales 'kit' I put together. The buffer tube is "similar" (but I would assume the spring is better in the Gunsmoke one...) The M1S buffer spring was weak.... had to upgrade....no issues yet....but only have under 500 rounds through it....though I have the 10.5 (or was it 11?) barrel.

Best is a subjective.... most would say to go get the Bushmaster 223 pistol. Others would say Oly.

The Gunsmoke upper is 1/2" longer then the others. Its said that the longer the barrel AFTER the gas tube, the better the fuctioning..... so, would that 1/2" actually make a difference? I only know what I read (and that is usually other people's opinion).

I suppose it depends what you want to do w/ this pistol. The Gunsmoke buffer will only work w/ open backed carriers (ie the 223 and 7.62x39 uppers). If you want to switch to a pistol cal w/ a solid back, it won't work...unless Oly comes out w/ pistol cal uppeers that have the recoil system built in....(word is, the HAD that back in the day.... never seen it first had...)

The Bushmaster pistol uses a pripriatory bolt and recoil system. Could work w/ a pistol upper, but mods required. Oly, no hole in the back for a tube, so you stuck w/ their uppers...and the only thing avail is a 223 (7.5")....

Most people complaineda bout that styel of buffer (granted, it was in reference to the M1S buffer). The shorter upper 7.5" usually had problems when used w/ that buffer (but again, this was the M1S kit). Gunsmoke is a complete gun (or kit) and has a 1year warranty. I say if you get it, shoot he piss out of it using what ever ammo you can use (unless it says specifically NOT to use a certain brand in the owners manual...) to see what works, what doesn't and if it starts to have issues, send it back in the 1year time frame....

I've bought parts from Gunsmoke and have had NO issues w/ what I bought...though most were small parts.

Okay, not much of an answer to the "best" pistol.... but hope the info helped a little.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 10:30:03 PM EDT
Thanks so much for the help! I may just try them out and take your advice. I don't think emptying a couple thousand rounds through it in one years time will be that difficult.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 5:02:30 AM EDT
FWIW, I owned a Gun Smoke pre-ban AR pistol a few years back and didn't have any problems with it. I did sell it after receiving a ton of "I want it, how much will you take" offers and regretably bought a Prof Ordanance that I did have problems with.

Link Posted: 9/13/2005 11:05:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/13/2005 11:07:27 AM EDT by Kaliburz]

Originally Posted By CFFUTS23:
FWIW, I owned a Gun Smoke pre-ban AR pistol a few years back and didn't have any problems with it. I did sell it after receiving a ton of "I want it, how much will you take" offers and regretably bought a Prof Ordanance that I did have problems with.

Well, at least the pistols are "legal" again.... you can replace it....

Originally Posted By books:
Thanks so much for the help! I may just try them out and take your advice. I don't think emptying a couple thousand rounds through it in one years time will be that difficult.

Oh ya...forgot to say thanks for the link. I've been looking for a company/place that sells a 7.5" style gas system BUT has a longer barrel. As I said, 8" doesn't seem much, but hey....it beats a custom barrel to make a 9".....
Top Top