Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/14/2016 2:08:11 PM EDT
Anyone had a chance to shoot any of the new stuff that's coming in now? Curious to hear from anyone or everyone who has any experiences they care to share.
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 7:44:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Posted over in the SGAMMO forum,  guess I should have came here first

Just tried some my shipment. Out of 7 only 3 fired.... Cycled a couple thru twice and neither would fire....

Anyone got any suggestions?
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 9:13:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 9:55:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Hi Sam,

Yeah, it surprised me just as much, as I LOVE LOVE LOVE GT in 7.62 x 39.

My rifle is a home built, but it shot just fine last weekend and today using S&B 223 (which I shot first).

I am trying to figure out my picture host password, but I will upload some pics and hopefully someone will make them hot.

I'm hoping another rifle will fix the problem.

-Dubbel

EDIT:  Pics added

Link Posted: 7/14/2016 11:01:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Wow! I'll be checking back to this thread
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 9:18:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The ammo should be 100% functional in AR15 platforms, not sure why we are gettign this report, but I will buy the ammo back if it does not work for you
View Quote

THIS is why I buy from SGAmmo!

You guys need to start including some stickers in your shipments. Embrace the low cost advertising of your customers.
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 9:52:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Hi Sam,

Yeah, it surprised me just as much, as I LOVE LOVE LOVE GT in 7.62 x 39.

My rifle is a home built, but it shot just fine last weekend and today using S&B 223 (which I shot first).

I am trying to figure out my picture host password, but I will upload some pics and hopefully someone will make them hot.

I'm hoping another rifle will fix the problem.

-Dubbel

EDIT:  Pics added

http://i758.photobucket.com/albums/xx221/dubbeltap69/Mobile%20Uploads/20160714_214659_zpsj8xykkjv.jpg

http://i758.photobucket.com/albums/xx221/dubbeltap69/Mobile%20Uploads/20160714_214806_zpsglt4qajr.jpg
View Quote

What kind of trigger do you have in there?

Any chance your hammer spring is on backwards?  That looks like a pretty good strike, on a hard primer, but looks like it ran out of steam.
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 10:26:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Pretty sure it's a stock trigger.  Will also double check the spring is in correctly.  I will take another rifle and a sample from a different case (bought several) next time I go to the range.

And SGAMMO 's customer service has spoiled me to the point where my UPS driver is looking for a new career.  "You sure do ALOT OF HEAVY BOXES...."  
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 11:46:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Pretty sure it's a stock trigger.  Will also double check the spring is in correctly.  I will take another rifle and a sample from a different case (bought several) next time I go to the range.
View Quote

This problem is VERY common, and will yield those exact same results when the hammer spring is installed backwards or otherwise incorrectly.  Soft primers light off ok, but hard primers will not.
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 12:17:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 12:44:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
It works fine in my colt SP1 AR15, here is a video I made this morning. It also ran flawlessly in my Chinese AK84S. It is possible that there could be issues in some guns depending on firing pin protrusion and hammer spring strength as I had a second report of this issue this morning. I am going to pull the ammo from the website and see if there are others that have the same problem before moving forward. If anyone has problems with the ammo I will buy it back, but it passed the test here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BcTeXzwE_U
View Quote

very responsive! that's why I buy from you!
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 8:02:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Posted over in the SGAMMO forum,  guess I should have came here first

Just tried some my shipment. Out of 7 only 3 fired.... Cycled a couple thru twice and neither would fire....

Anyone got any suggestions?
View Quote

Replace your hammer spring and try again.  I assume you are having FTF type failure and not FTE or something like that.
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 3:06:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 4:47:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Ugh.  Total bummer for you.
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 4:55:55 PM EDT
[#14]
This and fast shipping is why I love you guys.:)
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 5:08:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 6:26:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Just got back from the range w different rifle and with another lower that has a WOLF hammer spring installed.

Different rifle did much much much better.  Fired approx  50+ more rounds.  Only 1 rd ftf.  Also it set off 2 of the 4 that wouldn't fire in original rifle.  Switched to WOLF spring rifle, tried the  3 rounds that would not fire in other rifle, and only 1 fired.  So 2 out of 60.  

I'm completely fine with that failure rate,

Here is pic.  1 rd per second,  at 50 yards using aim point pro.

Sam, I'm keeping the ammo and will be ordering more.

Link Posted: 7/16/2016 6:31:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Will be ordering from SG for all my ammo needs.  Thanks for your great business ethic.
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 6:43:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Been buying from SG for 6+ years never a problem.  This thread reaffirms why. .good people.
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 9:51:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Was going to buy some of this last week. Glad I waited for some feedback.

Sam's response, however, reinforces why SGAmmo is the first place I look when I need ammo. Think I'll buy some of that MEN M193 tonight!
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 12:58:55 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Will be ordering from SG for all my ammo needs.  Thanks for your great business ethic.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/17/2016 8:48:57 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Needs to be quoted again.
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 9:40:13 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And again
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 11:42:13 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 12:59:48 PM EDT
[#24]
SGammo is good peoples.
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 4:44:23 PM EDT
[#25]

I've got a couple of cases on the way...if there's a problem I'll do the firing pin/bolt tail trick that I've done for my AR47.

Link Posted: 7/17/2016 5:55:57 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 6:34:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I wouldn't go grinding on your bolt but a firing pin with a longer tip for commie caliber ARs would likely do the trick.

They are out there  The stronger spring is also an option..
View Quote

I'm using a Timney self-contained 4 pound trigger unit, will look into the extended firing pin...probably wouldn't hurt to store a few away.

Thanks for the tip.
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 6:50:42 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 9:31:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
It looks like a lot of people are having problems with the primer hardness of this ammo. The reports of this issue are pouring in on me via email from clients that went shooting this morning and I hate to say it but it looks like AR15 with stock hammer springs may not reliably fire this ammo, as well as several other types of firearms that were reported to have ignition issues. I personally test fired this ammo in several different guns including 2 AR15s and a Chinese AK-84s and it worked fine for me so please do test the ammo you get, but there are too many similar complaints now to disregard the issue is real. I believe that using a heavy hammer spring like the Wolff XP spring will solve almost all ignition problems in AR15, however I understand that many clients will not want to do that. While this error in primer selection by the factory may end up leading 'brand suicide' for Vympel in the US commercial market I will not let it happen to SGAmmo nor will I leave my clients hanging, and if needed I will buy back all 1063 cases of this stuff I sold even if i have to take the $250,000 loss personally. I encourage anyone who bought this ammo to test fire and sample a 20 round box and if it does not work in your gun the options are looking at a heavier hammer spring like the Wolff XP, or a return to me for a full refund, I will pay return costs. All that is needed is a friendly email to me thorough the SGAmmo 'contact us' section or in reply to an SGAmmo order confirmation email.

Thank you,

Sam Gabbert
SGAmmo Owner
View Quote

Wow.

I have 2 cases of this en route.
You just earned my repeat business.
Now that's customer service.

Link Posted: 7/17/2016 11:22:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 11:40:07 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 1:56:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 2:46:27 PM EDT
[#33]
My case is supposed to arrive today. I'll test a box and report back.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 3:02:05 PM EDT
[#34]
I'll have to test mine this weekend.  Be a shame if it doesn't work as it was good looking lacquered and sealed ammo and I really like the stuff I got several years ago.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 9:07:37 PM EDT
[#35]

Ordered a half-dozen enhanced FP's from Red X Arms, never hurts to have spares.

Link Posted: 7/22/2016 4:28:53 PM EDT
[#36]
I still got failure to fires in the M85 PAP. Way less than both ARs. Shame it had good velocity and it was sealed.

Link Posted: 7/22/2016 11:32:10 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

No kidding... Doesn't get any better than this.  I have used SGAmmo in the past but this thread has convinced me that this is who I want to do business with.
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 11:15:14 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

did you purchase the 7.62x39 enhanced pin?
that's the only one i could find on their website.
thanks,  bob
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 12:12:40 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 3:33:22 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

That one should work.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

thanks,  bob

That one should work.

thanks,
ordered a couple last night.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 6:55:16 PM EDT
[#41]
And THIS is why we love SGAMMO
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 10:35:36 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

thanks,  bob
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

thanks,  bob

That's the one.

Link Posted: 7/25/2016 1:48:27 PM EDT
[#43]
Got my GT last week and took it out yesterday to test it out.
Had 5 failures to fire out of 10 rounds.
Disappointing as I had high hopes due to my experience with all of the GT 7.62 I have fired over the years.
I love SG ammo and purchase a lot of ammo from them. Huge props to Sam for taking care of anybody that has issues with the ammo.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 1:58:11 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

You guys need to start including some stickers in your shipments. Embrace the low cost advertising of your customers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The ammo should be 100% functional in AR15 platforms, not sure why we are gettign this report, but I will buy the ammo back if it does not work for you

F that. Just another way for people to know what I ordered.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 2:52:19 PM EDT
[#45]
OK gents, good news! As I suspected, the enhanced firing pin from Black Rifle Arms works like a charm, and I didn't have to try the Wolff XP spring! My rifle has a a Geissele SSA trigger, and I opted not to try the Wolff XP hammer spring as it was eating the GT ammo beautifully with just the firing pin. We fired 100 rounds of GT .223 with zero failures, whereas before the enhanced firing pin, I was getting 7 or 8 failures out of each box of 20!

Furthermore, the firing pin worked perfectly with the 6 types of "normal" ammo I tried it with. Zero pierced primers out of 120 rounds! I tried Wolf/Barnaul 55gr, PPU m193, Federal/Lake City m855 and m193, Carl Gustaf m855, and Hornady .223 TAP 75 Training.

Also, accuracy was acceptable with fairly consistent 3 holes touching groups at 25 yards. Overall, I'm quite pleased and more than a little relieved that I don't have to figure out how to ship the ammo back for a refund. I will do some real accuracy testing when I get out to the 100 yard outdoor range.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 6:50:10 PM EDT
[#46]
I wonder if GT will be adjusting their manufacturing to make this ammo work with standard firing pins?

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bad news
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 8:22:06 PM EDT
[#47]
Just registered to say what a great guy Sam at SGAmmo is. As my first purchase ever from him, I bought a case of the Golden Tiger .223. After reading about the problems others were having, and seeing a couple of posts on forums that it failed to work in the same gun I have, I emailed Sam and explained that being a new AR owner I wasn't really comfortable with the prospect of modifying the rifle just so one brand of ammo would work it. He took it back with no questions asked and refunded my money, including shipping. He even paid to ship it back to him.

It's really refreshing to see a business take care of their customers, even a new one like me that has absolutely no history with them. He's definitely earned my future business!

Thanks again, Sam.

Link Posted: 7/29/2016 7:32:35 PM EDT
[#48]
just ran 120 rounds through my Rock River Arms ATH today.
installed the enhanced firing pin:
http://shop.redxarms.com/ENHANCED-FIRING-PIN-FOR-762-X-39-AND-545-X-39-BCGS-EFIRINGPIN.htm
zero FTF's
it shot well also.  
bob
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 3:10:07 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
just ran 120 rounds through my Rock River Arms ATH today.
installed the enhanced firing pin:
http://shop.redxarms.com/ENHANCED-FIRING-PIN-FOR-762-X-39-AND-545-X-39-BCGS-EFIRINGPIN.htm
zero FTF's
it shot well also.  
bob
View Quote

Did you try the RedXArms firing pin with any other kinds of ammo to check for pierced primers? Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 6:07:38 PM EDT
[#50]
not yet.
will let you know when i do.  
bob
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top