Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/16/2004 10:37:55 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/16/2004 11:26:10 AM EST by Digitalpunk]
I just got off the phone with their customer service people. I have to send in an upper to get the barrel re-indexed because my FSB was canted, and I asked how much it would cost to have a Flash Suppressor put on and a new FSB with a lug. I was told they wouldn't sell them to me because I was going to put it on a Post-Ban upper!!! I explained how the sunset of the AWB allowed for those things to be put on and they said they would fix they indexing problem but I would have to go else where to get a FS and FSB w/lug. Needless to say, after all the problems I've had with Bushmaster and their products I no longer plan to buy their thrown together crap. I'm sure RRA won't mind the extra business.

Digital
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 10:46:57 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 10:51:49 AM EST
It just sounds like some misinformed person that isn't too sure and doesn't want to slip up and sell you something "illegal" and end up getting fired for it or something. I've called and talked to them about threading a barrel, and had no problems like you did. Strange.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 10:52:48 AM EST
maybe they have a liberal spy in midst and they are sabotaging the company?
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 10:55:41 AM EST
how friggin hard can it be to get an fsb straight? seriously, i read about this 6x a week! all bushy.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 10:59:41 AM EST
Yep...and with the fact that they won't answer any ?s about their magnafluxing or lack thereof, I'm beginning to get very suspicious of them.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 11:08:42 AM EST
You can lump me in with the canted FSB issue. I got an upper from them that way, but it was taken care of with no problem whatsoever. Hell, I did it via email and never even had to talk to anyone.

I think some people's attitudes may have something to do with it..... I dunno.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 11:10:48 AM EST
I've had many different QC issues with Bushmaster lately. Everything from lowers that look as if they were forged by hand to purple anodizing and so on. I'm waiting to get a new lower back from them in exchange for my one that was forged by a monkey. I sure as hell hope it's not purple like the upper I just bought that ended up going back. I've decided to take my business somewhere else until Bushy can get it together. This includes the use of that god awful plastic trigger guard and their weak ass excuse for plastic furniture.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 11:11:40 AM EST
digital punk now you can buy a Colt m4!
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 11:15:13 AM EST

Originally Posted By 00_buckshot:
I've had many different QC issues with Bushmaster lately. Everything from lowers that look as if they were forged by hand to purple anodizing and so on. I'm waiting to get a new lower back from them in exchange for my one that was forged by a monkey. I sure as hell hope it's not purple like the upper I just bought that ended up going back. I've decided to take my business somewhere else until Bushy can get it together. This includes the use of that god awful plastic trigger guard and their weak ass excuse for plastic furniture.

Yeah, I really hate how my lower is a lighter "black" but looks purple. Definitely does not match my upper. Bugs me, but I'm not going to lose sleep over it. I just wish they'd stop two toning their rifles like that.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 11:15:51 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/16/2004 11:17:09 AM EST by Digitalpunk]

Originally Posted By LocknLoaded:
digital punk now you can buy a Colt m4!

I thought Colt was still giving us the shaft? If not it'd be something to look into.

Digital
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 11:21:58 AM EST
I hate to hear your having probs bro, Ive got 2 bushy uppers and one complete rifle and everything works great on them. I hope all gets fixed soon.
Top Top