Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2009 8:54:56 AM EDT
Well I got my Spikes lowers in yesterday, and all I can say is wow.... I bought a CMMG upper a while back, but the finish on it is lighter, and has a few handleing marks on it.. What is the best way to get it to match the Spikes lower?
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 9:04:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Well I got my Spikes lowers in yesterday, and all I can say is wow.... I bought a CMMG upper a while back, but the finish on it is lighter, and has a few handleing marks on it.. What is the best way to get it to match the Spikes lower?

http://www.usanodizing.com
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 9:53:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Does it function properly?  

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 9:53:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Get a spikes upper!
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 9:56:13 AM EDT
[#4]
I TRIED to put my Bushmaster patrolmans carbine upper on my spikes lower, had to hammer the rear take down pin in and out. TRIED to put my R-15 upper on the spikes lower, wouldn't fit, no way no how. I hear it will get better after shooting a few hundred rounds through it but man it was a bitch getting the upper on it
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 10:38:22 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm interested in this same question...just got my lower too and im very picky about getting a matching-finish upper.

I like Spike's but is there anything else available?
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 10:48:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's a stripped lower..
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 10:51:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Get a spikes upper!

That's not a cure all either.  I built off of a "matching" Spike's upper and lower (both are marked Spike's).  The upper is quite a bit darker than the lower.  Oh well.

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 10:55:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's a stripped lower..

He's talking about the finishes not being the same between his upper and lower.  One could infer from that that he has built a rifle from those components.  If the gun shoots, what harm is the finishes not being a perfect match causing?  
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 11:19:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

He's talking about the finishes not being the same between his upper and lower.  One could infer from that that he has built a rifle from those components.  If the gun shoots, what harm is the finishes not being a perfect match causing?  

+1

My uppers don't match my lowers, I don't give a crap, they all function great.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 11:24:43 AM EDT
[#10]
There is no way for folks on the Internet to determine what upper will match your lower. You will have to figure that out for yourself when you buy an upper to see if it matches your lower. Or, you can just buy whatever upper & send it to U.S. Anodizing to have them refinished together if it bothers you that much.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 11:25:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

My uppers don't match my lowers, I don't give a crap, they all function great.

I agree that was my original plan, but when I saw how nice the Spikes lower was I suddenly wanted to see if I could make them look nice together on the cheap. I'm not going to spend 50 bucks to get it re anodized though.. O well we will see. It will be several months till i can try it anyway, its a SBR, may assemble it as a pistol until I get the paper work back though..
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 11:27:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
There is no way for folks on the Internet to determine what upper will match your lower. You will have to figure that out for yourself when you buy an upper to see if it matches your lower. Or, you can just buy whatever upper & send it to U.S. Anodizing to have them refinished together if it bothers you that much.

I never blamed anyone for them not matching.. I was wondering what I could do to make them match..
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 11:47:15 AM EDT
[#13]
krylon
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 3:21:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
krylon

That would look fabulous.... Paint your car with that shit when you are done with your AR.

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 3:23:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
krylon

That would look fabulous.... Paint your car with that shit when you are done with your AR.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top