Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/13/2006 11:49:04 PM EDT
So i just sold my first gun that i every bought and decided to keep the money in the family and use it for something gun related. I recently purchased a Rem. 870 and a Colt LE6920. The Colt has an EoTech and Hogue pistol grip and thats it. The 870 is bone stock. Im torn because after seeing everyones guns on here i feel like that kid at the car show with the bone stock car. Here is what I want to consider my first AR complete:

Free-Float Rail - Larue
VFG
SureFire M96

Since this money is burning a hole in my pocket i've really wanted to get some stuff, but the gun shop guy keeps telling me to wait until after SHOT show to see the new products. I was thinking about getting the SureFire first since its the most expensive......What do you guys think....Should i wait till after SHOT show, would that be the wise choice, or should i just do it? Or should i get some stuff for my 870!

Or should i get a new gun!
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 12:01:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Why worry about what everybody else has? Get what you want or can afford.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 12:02:39 AM EDT
[#2]
depends....would you prefer a suped up AR or another AR...

nothing wrong w/ a stock AR imo

w/ those things you want, why not build another one?

Link Posted: 1/14/2006 12:19:19 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Why worry about what everybody else has? Get what you want or can afford.

Its not that i can't afford it....Its just that im not sure exactly what will be released at SHOT show that will be better than a LaRue FF or a SureFire light....Or even if they will release something new from each company to replace the following. I dont want to order something old this month and next month something else might come out to replace what i just bought.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 12:20:00 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

haha suped up......I wanna get everything i can for one, just in case.............
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 12:22:12 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

haha suped up......I wanna get everything i can for one, just in case.............

ok--how about a cheaper light option (not exactly a surefire G2 package...); check out the EE for the best deals...some of this stuff bought used will save you some $$$s, and then you can begin to save up for new SHOT show stuff
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 12:30:51 AM EDT
[#6]
But on the other hand....every year there is a SHOT show, so every year there is the possibility of something new commming out......Im just trying to get some feedback from people....

Im surprised no one has said:

1) Buy Ammo & Mags
2) Buy what I want now, and if i see something i like after SHOT show, buy that too
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 6:17:58 AM EDT
[#7]
while not exactly your position B-Lex, I am on the verge of a couple of buys and I have decided to hold off until SHOT

You have a good combination now, I'd suggest the mags/ammo/trigger time route.

There will always be something "new" to buy
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 6:23:34 AM EDT
[#8]
SHOT is less than a month away, so if you can wait that long, you'll find out what's new.  However, that doesn't mean you'll see it at your dealer right away.  I saw stuff at SHOT 3 years ago and I still haven't seen it on the shelf anywhere.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 6:35:53 AM EDT
[#9]
One thing to consider is that some of the new goodies you might want that are shown at the Shot show will not be available for months or possibly almost a year (PRS stock is one I can think of)

dagnabit, someone beat me to it. Guess I shouldn't have left to nuke breakfast.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 7:22:22 AM EDT
[#10]
You can never go wrong with atleast 7 30rd magazines.  They can be had for next to nothing now too.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 7:46:11 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted: I dont want to order something old this month and next month something else might come out to replace what i just bought.

I think you just answered your own question. ..wait
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top