Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/20/2006 12:23:43 PM EDT
I had a guy come by my shop asking if I could order him a generic version of the Surefire M9x series (the vertical foregrip).  He stated that someone was selling them at a gunshow.  The guy at the booth told him it was made by the same people... just not marked.

So are there generic or unmarked version of these or is this guy crazy?
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 12:33:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I've seen some airsoft crap. Maybe that's what he was talking about.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:13:47 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
 He stated that someone was selling them at a gunshow.  The guy at the booth told him it was made by the same people... just not marked.

And that right there is a glowing example of  how people with little to no knowledge get routinely taken at gunshows.  I still go to the larger Tulsa shows but of all the tables there I really only ever purchase anything significant from about three or four dealers set up. One of them is our arfcom dealer JTAC supply which is also here on the forums.

The vast majority of my money gets spent here online with dealers I trust and have faith in.  Please let your customer know very well that he was flat out lied to by this individual.

twonami is almost certainly correct that it was a cheap knockoff.  If that's what he really wants then fine by me. Just as long as he is aware of what he's getting.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 12:14:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Understood.  Figured on airsoft to be the answer, but I wasn't even able to find those.

But, it did strike my curiousity.  
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:49:31 PM EDT
[#4]
They are out there, and there are all kinds of different measures of quality.  There are some really good knock offs, so good I'd question whether or not they were not the real thing, then you have the ones that just look like the real thing.  You have to remeber a bunch of this stuff is comming from over seas where our trade marks do not reach.  Have you ever been to Canal St. in NY before they started cracking down on the knock off producers?  It is the same principle, buyer be ware!
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 1:16:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Yup Found a few on EBAY. Look dead on to the real thing.  But you get what you pay for.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 2:50:05 PM EDT
[#6]
"Rico Alpha 9" is the knock off SF light.  Its carried in alot of AIR-SOFT stores.  Ranges from $160.00 to $275.00 depending on who you buy it from.  Not water proof.  It has been drop tested from a few feet(not mounted on the weapon).  Not for duty use, plinking at best or maybe home defense, 25 yards or less.  That puts in it the mini-maglight class IMO.   You could get a real SF,Z32 bezel,tape switch, and maybe a mount for that money and have a rock solid duty light.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top