Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/9/2006 8:12:33 PM EDT
Anyone try the new Gen. 3 Trijicon Tripower? I was looking to get a Burris XTS-135 for my police patrol carbine but the Lt. in charge of approving gear said it was not a proven optic. Only approved optics at my mid-sized dept. (125 offficers) are Eotech, Aimpoint and Trijicon Reflex II.

Since the Trijicon Tripower is a a reflex sight with a battery back-up, it meets policy language. I like the idea that it does not need batteries, but the option is there to crank up the brightness in an entry situation. The chevron is what makes me want one more than an Aimpoint. The only way I would get an Eotech is with a riser.

The rifle is a Colt 16" Tactical Carbine with heavy barrel, falcon ergo grip, Meprolight night sights and a Streamlight M3X long gun package mounted to the front sight tower. The night sights are great, and I shoot 100% on the FBI qual. course easily.

Anyone here have a pic of the Tripower in a daytime situation and in a city under streetlight conditions? I work Watch III, so nighttime performance is what matters.

Grant, you mentioned a review a while back. How about it?
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:07:16 AM EDT
[#1]
A bud of mine just got one, looking through it is like a 1x ACOG during the day.  At night when the battery is used, the fiber optic circle on top is lit up too, I thought Trijicon fixed the signature issue
Didn't get a chance to look through it at night
Also the mount it comes with is just horrible.  I gave him my standard height LaRue Aimpoint mount and it works just fine.  Strangely enough, I was playing with using that mount on my ML2 and the pos Tripower mount doesn't work
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:09:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes, the mount that comes with the Tripower is absolute crap.  The cover for the fiber optic fixes the night signature issue.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 2:09:50 PM EDT
[#3]
mine should be here monday.  my deciding factor was bolster's review of his new tripower.  i hope he was telling the truth.  
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:44:31 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
mine should be here monday.  my deciding factor was bolster's review of his new tripower.  i hope he was telling the truth.  

If  you don't like yours, I'll buy it from you at a steeply discounted price!
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top