Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/3/2006 5:11:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/3/2006 6:10:19 PM EDT by Ch0wd3r]
Decided to upgrade all my mags with the new Magpul gen2 followers since they looked like the best thing since sliced bread.
Well so much for sliced bread.
I went to the range today and brought 5 D&H black 20rd teflon mags with me. All new or almost new. Loaded with AE223 shooting out of a RRA NM. On the 3rd mag it fired the two first rounds then on the third.... NOTHING. What the hell? Bolt not completely closed, I could see there was no round in the chamber through the opening. Round was tilted up a little coming out of the mag. Lock the bolt back and drop the mag, The top round in the mag was now in place HUH? It had two gouges on it where the bolt lugs jammed against it. The round pushed very easily out of the mag and the other 17 rounds did not pop up. Tipped the mag upside down and shook out the rest of the rounds, looked down inside and there was the follower tilted and stuck in the near bottom of the mag!
I had to pull the floor plate and use a screw driver to push/unstick it from the mag. Even with spring pressure off of it it wouldn't budge. Put it back in and it works fine. Mag looks fine, no dents or broken welds, follower looks fine except for a little flash from the mold process but not enough I think to cause it to jam. I didn't shoot that mag again and the others were flawless.
Anybody else have a similiar experiance?
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 7:10:42 PM EDT
I have the gen 2s in all of my mags, including my Bushmaster 20 rounders (same as your D&H 20s) and haven't had a problem.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 8:41:10 PM EDT
i have read that they can be put in 20 round mags but they were not designed to be used in the 20 round mags and that may be the problem. i would contact magpull and let them know.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 10:23:09 PM EDT
They weren't designed to go in 20 round straight mags, they are fine in 20 round curved mags, which is what D&H and Bushmaster mags are...

TS
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 1:40:50 AM EDT

Originally Posted By TigerStripe:
They weren't designed to go in 20 round straight mags, they are fine in 20 round curved mags, which is what D&H and Bushmaster mags are...

TS

good to know. thanks for the information.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 3:18:25 AM EDT

Originally Posted By gorvibub:

Originally Posted By TigerStripe:

TS

good to know. thanks for the information.

Sure thing. That's why we're here!

TS
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 5:21:49 AM EDT
No malfunctions in my D&H 30's.
Top Top