Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/12/2003 8:33:19 AM EDT
I am in the process of building an MK12 Mod 1 SPR upper.  As much as I would like the Ops Inc muzzlebrake/suppressor combo, I understand these suppressors are not available for purchase -- correct me if I am wrong.  I have a Gemtech M4-96D, I plan on putting on the bi-lock flash suppressor, so I can use this can on the SPR upper.  Just curious what other suppressors folks are using for their SPR rifles.  Any thoughts or input would be appreciated!

--Keith  
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 1:05:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Well that's my exact 'plan' when I get around to putting one together. Beauty of the Bi-lock system is being able to quickly move the can from gun to gun.
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 1:35:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I have seen pics of both the KAC and Gemtech units used on SPR type rifles.  Never seen anything else even in a pic.
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 6:32:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Currently I use my KAC M4QD.Iam looking at a couple other options.SJR556.
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 9:46:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Well that's my exact 'plan' when I get around to putting one together. Beauty of the Bi-lock system is being able to quickly move the can from gun to gun.
View Quote

Depends on how much fouling builds up in & around the bi-lock. The KAC QD mechanism handles fouling better.
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 9:58:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Much fouling.....  I generally try not to shoot more than 150-200 rounds without cleaning the bi-lock, as the can becomes VERY difficult to remove.  However, I mainly shoot this can on my M4.  I doubt I would ever be sending that many rounds downrange with the SPR without having time to quickly take it off, give the bi-lock a quick field scrub, and get the can back on.  Besides, I'm not going to buy another can just for this rifle -- unless I could actually get the OPS, which is not going to happen.  
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 7:46:11 AM EDT
[#6]
I saw a .308 OPS Inc for sale on Subguns.com for sale board a few months back.
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 1:20:40 PM EDT
[#7]
From the Ops Inc. web page.

[img]http://www.photobucket.com/albums/0603/JTR8541/ARFs/3b0cf2d5.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 3:06:13 AM EDT
[#8]
davkenrem and JTR8541, STOP TEASING US!  I'm trying not to think so much about the Ops Inc can I want on my SPR since it already has the Ops Inc muzzle brake with colar.

I heard Ops Inc may move operations out of Kalifornia so they can start selling to civilians.  Tell them to hurry it up already.
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 4:26:49 AM EDT
[#9]
I guess for now my M4-96D will suffice.  At least I can always get the OPS can in the future if they decide to move operations out of ca.

--Keith
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 5:47:04 AM EDT
[#10]
The Troy Industries people got sick of waiting on Ops inc to move and moved themselves (forming their own company that makes a reflex can for .223-.308) It looks somewhat like an OPS Inc suppressor but does not have the barrel collar.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top