Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/19/2009 8:04:24 AM EDT
I've got three different Colt lowers with three different Geissele Hi Speed NM trigger kits.  Two are 0.170, one is 0.154.

All have hammer pin walk problems.  The trigger pins don't move at all.

The hammer pins do not rotate and are quite tight in the bores, even the standard trigger/hammer pin in the 0.154 is tight in the receiver's hammer holes.

I am using the Geissele pins with the grooves on the left hand side of the gun (bolt release).  The hammer pin does a lot of walking between 50-100 rounds.  At about 300 rounds it looks bad enough that I have to smack it back in for fear of it coming out.

It really bit me in the butt a few weeks ago at a 3-gun match.  I was up to shoot and I looked down at my gun and see that the hammer pin has walked completely out of one of the left receiver hole.  The RO let me smack it back in real quick with an empty .223 brass and a 30rd mag.  I had shot about 100 rounds when this happened.

I love the feel of the trigger, I hate that the damn hammer pins walk.  This can't be an isolated thing, I've got 3 lowers and 3 trigger kits with the same issue.

I'm about to go back to a JP kit with KNS pins because at least I don't have to worry about them.
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 9:01:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Contact Geissele.
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 11:11:46 AM EDT
[#2]
When the pins 'walk' do they come out of the receiver or does one side protrude a bit more than the other?  If one side protrudes a bit more that's normal.  There is clearance in the circlip groove in the hammer so the pin and hammer can find a spot of zero friction.  The pin should not come out though.  For the last 2 years or so we have been using a much stronger circlip that holds the pin in no matter how loose the holes are in the receiver.  It should be almost impossible to push the pin through the hammer with your thumb.  Either you have to push it against the lip of a bench or take a hammer to smack it past the circlip.  Even though the standard pin may be tight in the receiver using the 'oversize' one we supply can help....its just tenths bigger.  Contact us through our website if you can push the pins out with your finger.  We will take care of the problem.

WHG
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 12:02:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
When the pins 'walk' do they come out of the receiver or does one side protrude a bit more than the other?  If one side protrudes a bit more that's normal.  There is clearance in the circlip groove in the hammer so the pin and hammer can find a spot of zero friction.  The pin should not come out though.  For the last 2 years or so we have been using a much stronger circlip that holds the pin in no matter how loose the holes are in the receiver.  It should be almost impossible to push the pin through the hammer with your thumb.  Either you have to push it against the lip of a bench or take a hammer to smack it past the circlip.  Even though the standard pin may be tight in the receiver using the 'oversize' one we supply can help....its just tenths bigger.  Contact us through our website if you can push the pins out with your finger.  We will take care of the problem.

WHG

Class act right there.  This is one of the reasons that all of my two-stage triggers are now Geissele's.
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 5:20:41 PM EDT
[#4]
On both the .170 lowers the pins have walked completely out of one side of the receiver.

On the .154 lower the pins hold over more on one side of the lower than the other.  One side is just below flush the other side sticks out a tad.
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 7:00:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Sounds like the .154 pins are acting normally.  Contact me this week and we will take care of the large pin colt triggers.
WHG
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 7:41:15 PM EDT
[#6]
May be that I've had a charmed life. But I have never seen a FCG pin "walk out" of a lower.  Seen many rotate and some slide to the side.  But all were held in place by the 'J' pin or hammer springs legs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top