Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/15/2008 12:45:42 AM EDT
Hi Guys,

It was brought to my attention that KNS pins can damage Geissele trigger groups.

I emailed Steve at Adco, and he explained that the pins that come with Geissele trigger groups are perfectly concentric and will not egg out pin holes. Steve is a great asset to ARFCOM, so I appreciated his insight.

I was still curious about the "damage" issue though. Here is the reply I got from Bill:

Once you use kns pins they will stretch the spring that holds the Geissele pin. In other words once you use kns pins you should not go back. Also only the 'oversize kns pins can be considered. Our pins work fine.  Bill
William Geissele
Geissele Automatics LLC

Hope this helps clarify the question for any of you guys that were wondering.

Best Regards.
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 1:05:46 AM EDT
[#1]
good to know.though i havent planned on using them with my DSM trigger
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 1:56:10 AM EDT
[#2]
this problem is with the hi-speed trigger not the SSA trigger
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 4:27:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 5:19:07 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

There is no problem with any Geissele triggers.

The issue is those stupid KNS pins are a solution to a problem that doesnt exist

Amen!  I had inquired about KNS pins and the tight fit of the Geissele pins when I first bought my Geissele trigger sometime last year.  The answer Steve gave me then was that the KNS pins were unnecessary citing the irrefutable logic stated above.  His explanation about the tight fit centered around the fact that the Geissele pins are perfectly machined and the lower is likely - not.  Sorta of a round peg / square hole type thing.

Superb trigger.
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 7:49:24 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The issue is those stupid KNS pins are a solution to a problem that doesnt exist

+1111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TOTAL WASTE
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 8:56:55 AM EDT
[#6]
I just wish I had known all of this before permanently disfiguring my Hi Speed trigger...$279 yikes.

Nowz I know.
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 9:18:07 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Yep.  I love mine!

Quoted:

Thanks markm!    

Link Posted: 7/15/2008 10:21:20 AM EDT
[#8]
I use the pins that came with my hi-speed. I switched to the oversize hammer pin that came in the little envelope which fit my receiver a  little better and haven't had any walking pins
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 10:59:33 AM EDT
[#9]
I guess I must be a little thick. What about the KNS pins damages the triggers, and why the high speed and not the SSA? Or do they damage the SSA triggers also? I'm just curious. Are the KNS pins out of round or the wrong size or what?
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 7:49:40 PM EDT
[#10]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:

The issue is those stupid KNS pins are a solution to a problem that doesnt existhardened
I have never had a problem with the pins walking out, but the hammer pin spin seems to be a consistant problem.    
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 5:19:50 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I guess I must be a little thick. What about the KNS pins damages the triggers, and why the high speed and not the SSA? Or do they damage the SSA triggers also? I'm just curious. Are the KNS pins out of round or the wrong size or what?

its because the SSA uses a j spring like a stock AR15 trigger, while the hi-speed does not. If you notice on the hi speed the groves are on the right while regular hammer pins have have a grove in the middle
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top