Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 20
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 6:32:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I had an older SSA, 2016 era that was great. I decided to get another in 2020.

It felt far worse and had noticable grit, even in multiple lowers, grease, no grease. Tried emailing GA's CS, no dice. Tried calling, was on hold for 50 minutes. Gave up then.

I love their ACH charging handles though. But ill stick to Radian for the near future
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 6:36:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yea…. The thing is G’s quality or lack there of has seemingly become common place.

For example.

1 person gets a lemon.. contact manufacture.

15 people have product issues, thread locks etc.  time to shed some light IMHO.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I thought this was for technical discussions.
This has to be the definition of a clusterfuck.

If just about anyone else had started a topic like this without contacting the manufacturer first they would have gotten roasted and the thread would have gotten locked. But I guess if you make a few posts about statistical averages you get a pass?

Yea…. The thing is G’s quality or lack there of has seemingly become common place.

For example.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 6:38:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

It felt far worse and had noticable grit, even in multiple lowers, grease, no grease. Tried emailing GA's CS, no dice. Tried calling, was on hold for 50 minutes. Gave up then.

I love their ACH charging handles though. But ill stick to Radian for the near future
View Quote

Annnnddddd another one.  We need a tally of these.
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 6:41:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

For example.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I thought this was for technical discussions.
This has to be the definition of a clusterfuck.

If just about anyone else had started a topic like this without contacting the manufacturer first they would have gotten roasted and the thread would have gotten locked. But I guess if you make a few posts about statistical averages you get a pass?

For example.

Besides bendy gate what threads got locked?

I swore Geissele off a few years ago because I didn’t like his business practices but have debated on getting a 11.5 URGI and am genuinely curious how some in this thread have great luck buying his products and others keep getting the short end of the stick.
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 6:42:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

If just about anyone else had started a topic like this without contacting the manufacturer first they would have gotten roasted and the thread would have gotten locked.
View Quote

Show us, exactly, where in the code of conduct here that is required.  Hint: it isn't.

This juvenile notion that someone is required to contact customer service before posting about shoddy products from manufacturers was born from an incestuous relationship between website owners and manufacturers to protect manufacturers from having word get out about their shoddy products.

Link Posted: 1/26/2022 6:44:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’ve been around SSAs since the very first ones when had to get em from ADCO.

They’ve always been inconsistent from trigger to trigger like that.
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 6:45:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

For example.

View Quote

A person orders a black anodized rail and gets a black anodized rail. I don't see the problem.
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 6:50:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Completely agree. I am also surprised by the level of insults.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I normally prefer when mods stay out of discussions and and leave threads alone, but I'm actually surprised by the amount of insults allowed in a tech thread.... is it because those insults are defending certain things?

Completely agree. I am also surprised by the level of insults.

The mob is allowed to make personal insults for 11 pages if the person being insulted is not liked by a particular group of fan-boys.  Yet they claim the only reason I'm here is to "have my ego stroked."

Link Posted: 1/26/2022 6:53:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
A person orders a black anodized rail and gets a black anodized rail. I don't see the problem.
View Quote

It's called false advertising.

"Geissele weapons stand out on the firing line.  I want it that way.  Their distinctive color and smooth and lustrous finish is immediately noticeable when a shooter picks up a Geissele rifle.   One way to make a weapon with this velvety, luxurious look that feels so good in the hand is to use very gentle hand and machine finishing methods to smooth the surface of the aluminum." - Bill Geissele

Link Posted: 1/26/2022 6:54:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Show us, exactly, where in the code of conduct here that is required.  Hint: it isn't.

This juvenile notion that someone is required to contact customer service before posting about shoddy products from manufacturers was born from an incestuous relationship between website owners and manufacturers to protect manufacturers from having word get out about their shoddy products.

View Quote

Has nothing to do with the code of conduct. It's called being a moral person. Not giving a manufacturer a chance to make something right before lambasting them on the internet is bullshit and you know it.

You ordered a black anodized rail and got a black anodized rail. You really don't realize how petty you sound?
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 7:00:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Has nothing to do with the code of conduct. It's called being a moral person. Not giving a manufacturer a chance to make something right before lambasting them on the internet is bullshit and you know it.

You ordered a black anodized rail and got a black anodized rail. You really don't realize how petty you sound?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You don't understand, that's Molon, he's the arbiter of all things AR-15 and by god if his rail isn't shiny to his specifications he is entitled to raise all hell until Geissele goes out of business for the cardinal sin of sending out matte rails instead of shiny ones. They had one chance and they blew it, now it's time for them to suffer from Molon's justified wrath
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 7:04:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

"Geissele weapons stand out on the firing line.  I want it that way.  Their distinctive color and smooth and lustrous finish is immediately noticeable when a shooter picks up a Geissele rifle.   One way to make a weapon with this velvety, luxurious look that feels so good in the hand is to use very gentle hand and machine finishing methods to smooth the surface of the aluminum." - Bill Geissele

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Holy fuck dude. Want me to send you a velvet scarf? Will that fulfill your needs?

If I cried like this after every purple piece of KAC I have received, I would be banned.
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 7:06:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Holy fuck dude. Want me to send you a velvet scarf? Will that fulfill your needs?

If I cried like this after every purple piece of KAC I have received, I would be banned.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

he took that right off G's website lol. and the purple KAC's bring a premium these days
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 7:10:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I’ve been around SSAs since the very first ones when had to get em from ADCO.

They’ve always been inconsistent from trigger to trigger like that.
View Quote

Inconsistent is one thing. Feeling like a low quality USGI trigger but with two stages is another thing entirely.

Larue can make an excellent and consistent 2 stage trigger for $90, but Geissele can't get consistency for ~$200?
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 7:10:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 7:11:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

he took that right off G's website lol. and the purple KAC's bring a premium these days
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wait... people are paying more for KAC products that should have been blems (to ARFCOM standards)but they shipped anyways?

Maybe Molon should hang on to the G rail and quit crying...
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 7:22:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Wait... people are paying more for KAC products that should have been blems (to ARFCOM standards)but they shipped anyways?

View Quote

Too funny.

I'm just surprised that anyone who has been playing with AR15's for any length of time hasn't had anodizing like he is describing before. I've had that happen on more than one part I've used on AR's. It was so far down on my who gives a shit meter that i don't even remember who or what the parts were. Im more of a function over finish person anyway. I order an anodized black part and get a working black anodized part then im happy.
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 7:26:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

oh hell yea, check out the GWOT thread, purple anodizing is tiddies bro. i see it as a even more rare version of the KAC parts thats out there.
maybe one day these messed up G rails will bring a premium for their rarity, unless this is the new normal for G.
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 7:30:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

oh hell yea, check out the GWOT thread, purple anodizing is tiddies bro. i see it as a even more rare version of the KAC parts thats out there.
maybe one day these messed up G rails will bring a premium for their rarity, unless this is the new normal for G.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shit, should have hung on to some parts.

Anyways, how are the guys in the GWOT thread operating with blems/sub par finishes from KAC?
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 7:45:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Can we all agree the real problem is how the family squashed ALG? I know I'll be buying up any and all I can find.

As much as I love mk7 rails, all of their products are over priced.

The main selling point for me is that long ass barrel nut. Alg is (was) close, as is dirty bird.

I hope G is not becoming H lol
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 7:53:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

What ever makes you sleep at night, none of mine have gone chalky, and proper anodizing shouldn’t, yes it dries and lightens from sun light and chemicals, but not like Molons, there are other issues there than the color, but I’m betting your a expert in metallurgy, and andonizing now as well.
View Quote

Where did I say my rail became chalky? Please learn to read.

Where did I say I was an expert on metal? Are you actually this stupid in person?

One of my G rails came from the factory, just like his. I took it out and shot it, and used it. It's no longer chalky. I get you guys just want to post photos of your guns, not use them. If Molon actually took his gun to the range and used it in a manner for which it's built the evil chalkiness would go away. Instead he rubs his dry ass hands on it, post a photo and bitches.
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 7:55:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Bill has a strong following.  Lots of loyal blind sheep fan boys I see.

Just amazing to read all this and see people so loyal to this company.  Yet when you speak to former employees and read online reviews of bus renamed company, tons of people hated the work environment and how they were treated.  

Don’t take my word for it.  Do your own research and you’ll see.  They don’t have the best reputation in that town for a good work environment.  Again do your own research.  It’s out there
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 7:55:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Negative review of CS but strangely never even bothered to contact the manufacturer.

Negative review of QC but has NO objective proof to support sub-standard anodizing of the product he received. Didn't even asses if the sealing coat is present or adequate (which is a simple thing to do). He's upset because the anodizing isn't cosmetically and tactilely meeting his standards. It's not "smooth, lustrous and velvety" to him.

OP presents himself as "EXPERT" reviewer of things AR15....
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 7:56:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 8:00:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Just amazing what cult following Bill has created.  Blind loyalty is insanely dangerous.

I have a brand new URG-I near clone 10.3”.  Someone should buy it.  Test and report back here the QC
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 8:01:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Negative review of CS but strangely never even bothered to contact the manufacturer.

Negative review of QC but has NO objective proof to support sub-standard anodizing of the product he received. Didn't even asses if the sealing coat is present or adequate (which is a simple thing to do). He's upset because the anodizing isn't cosmetically and tactilely meeting his standards. It's not "smooth, lustrous and velvety" to him.

View Quote
That's word-for-word from Geissele's site. You'd know that, if you took a second to read and not get emotional.
https://geissele.com/anodize-shade-variations-and-finish-methods/
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 8:07:39 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
That's word-for-word from Geissele's site. You'd know that, if you took a second to read and not get emotional.
https://geissele.com/anodize-shade-variations-and-finish-methods/
View Quote

sherlock

edit: whoops! almost forgot the "no $#*t,"
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 8:09:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

You seem to be greatly confused so let me help you with that.  I stated multiple times that the anodizing looks and feels like shit compared to every other Geissele handguard that I've owned or seen images of on Geissele's website as well as compared to your beloved leader's own words of what the anodizing should look and feel like.  I don't give a shit what your standard is; that's the standard put forth by Bill Geissle in his own words and pictures and in past examples and that's the standard that I paid for and that's the standard that I should have received.

Link Posted: 1/26/2022 8:09:51 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Just amazing to read all this and see people so loyal to this company.  Yet when you speak to former employees and read online reviews of bus renamed company, tons of people hated the work environment and how they were treated.  

Don’t take my word for it.  Do your own research and you’ll see.  They don’t have the best reputation in that town for a good work environment.  Again do your own research.  It’s out there
View Quote

The same can be said for KAC. Their employee turnover rate is very high, or was. For a while there it was a constant rotation for LE/MIL reps.

*Not bagging on KAC as they have done awesome things for me personally in the past. Have personally talked to Trey and Dave Lutz and they went above and beyond for me. I'm a fan. I'll say the same thing about LMT too. Stand up guys.

With that being said, look at the hypocrisy here. No company is infallible. Like I said, I have received more barney shit from KAC than any other company. It should be considered a blem according to this thread, yet we have people paying EXTRA for this. lol
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 8:11:37 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

You seem to be greatly confused so let me help you with that.  I stated multiple times that the anodizing looks and feels like shit compared to every other Geissele handguard that I've owned or seen images of on Geissele's website as well as compared to your beloved leader's own words of what the anodizing should look and feel like.  I don't give a shit what your standard is; that's the standard put forth by Bill Geissle in his own words and pictures, that's the standard that I paid for and that's the standard that I should have received.
View Quote

put your money where your mouth is and do a seal test if you're such the EXPERT

of course, I wouldn't believe you at this point as you have discredited yourself fully

edit: "feels like shit" is not technical. nor is your perception of Bill's words on his website.
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 8:13:43 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Lots of G stuff started showin up in Afg, then BOOM Taliban wins.

Coincidence? Nope, probably cause of chalky finish.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Anyways, how are the guys in the GWOT thread operating with blems/sub par finishes from KAC?

Lots of G stuff started showin up in Afg, then BOOM Taliban wins.

Coincidence? Nope, probably cause of chalky finish.

Fuck. I don't want to be a part of the loser crew!
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 8:13:44 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Just amazing what cult following Bill has created.  Blind loyalty is insanely dangerous.

I have a brand new URG-I near clone 10.3”.  Someone should buy it.  Test and report back here the QC
View Quote

What about OP's cult?

If being a member of Bill's cult means being a well adjusted and socialized adult and calling them up for QC issues then I guess I'm a member now.

I see very few, if any, defending the anodizing.
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 8:19:52 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

put your money where your mouth is and do a seal test if you're such the EXPERT

of course, I wouldn't believe you at this point as you have discredited yourself fully

edit: "feels like shit" is not technical. nor is your perception of Bill's words on his website.
View Quote

The word expert has never come out of my mouth referring to myself.  My "perception" of your bosses words are exactly as he stated them on your website.

Link Posted: 1/26/2022 8:20:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Wish I had this much free time.
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 8:24:04 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

The word expert has never come out of my mouth referring to myself.  My "perception" of your bosses words are exactly as he stated them on your website.

View Quote

Do you even know how to seal test?

This review is a joke. Absolutely no technical merit. Just non-objective, biased nonsense; bloviating about one's self-worth and fame in the community; and bickering.

Mods should move this to GD where it rightfully belongs.
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 8:27:01 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted: They don't even use premium aluminum on the handguards. Isn't 6000 series the same stuff that would corrode away in Vietnam?
View Quote

“Premium” aluminum?

Most manufacturers’ rails use 6061 (G, KAC, BCM, ADM, Hodge, MI, SLR, Aero, etc, etc, etc.).

So many companies use it that it’s pretty much the industry standard for handguards.
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 8:31:26 PM EDT
[#37]
Bill’s hands have probably gotten soft from counting money the last few years.  

Maybe he changed the anodizing process to produce a rougher texture so his velvety paws could get a better purchase.
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 8:31:50 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Do you even know how to seal test?

This review is a joke. Absolutely no technical merit. Just non-objective, biased nonsense; bloviating about one's self-worth and fame in the community; and bickering.

Mods should move this to GD where it rightfully belongs.
View Quote

Don't give a shit about your seal test.  That won't change the shitty look and feel of the shitty anodizing job on this handguard.

Here's what great anodizing looks and feels like.  Maybe JP can give your boss some pointers.

Link Posted: 1/26/2022 8:43:40 PM EDT
[#39]
Maybe G should contact Anderson Manufacturing for their annodizing but damn those cheap pony lowers have thick annodizing.

Totally agree, the price isnt worth the squeeze for inferior anno and black oxide finish

The ball sack mount of G rails have always turned me off.
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 8:53:56 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

“Premium” aluminum?

Most manufacturers’ rails use 6061 (G, KAC, BCM, ADM, Hodge, MI, SLR, Aero, etc, etc, etc.).

So many companies use it that it’s pretty much the industry standard for handguards.
View Quote

Oh I didn't know what KAC uses.

Hey sometimes you have to put your foot in your mouth to learn something

Link Posted: 1/26/2022 8:57:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Please don't let the tech forum turn into the shit hole embarrassment that GD is.
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 9:02:41 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Please don't let the tech forum turn into the shit hole embarrassment that GD is.
View Quote

Too late for that.
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 9:08:50 PM EDT
[#43]
I am surprised Bill hasn’t called.
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 9:18:14 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Yes because a 'luxury item' is the same as one of the most produced firearms ever. Lmfao.
And if you actually used your g-rail with the white chalkiness you'd notice it would clean up. But you're too dense to figure that out. What am I demanding of you? Lol. Holy shit having your disability must be rough.
View Quote

G is certainly a luxury in every aspect of the word. From the triggers to the rails to the scope mounts there's all products that do the job for less money even if they're aren't as refined of have that special look to it. Let's face it, the rail doesn't do anything that a $100 rail doesn't do but bend and turn white.
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 9:21:28 PM EDT
[#45]
Not sure what to say other than wow all around. Poor QC, fanboys, defenders, purse swinging, excuses.

It is actually disappointing that this is how a tech thread played out.
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 9:22:11 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I am surprised Bill hasn’t called.
View Quote

Something tells me Bill is too busy being more concerned with chemical and corrosion resistance, and less for how it looks and feels.
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 9:22:34 PM EDT
[#47]
This is how we lose good members who actually contribute.
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 9:26:34 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
This is how we lose good members who actually contribute.
View Quote

I just don't even know what to say at this point.   The back and forth between a few guys is making it so much worse than it needs to be.
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 9:32:33 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

G is certainly a luxury in every aspect of the word. From the triggers to the rails to the scope mounts there's all products that do the job for less money even if they're aren't as refined of have that special look to it. Let's face it, the rail doesn't do anything that a $100 rail doesn't do but bend and turn white.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes because a 'luxury item' is the same as one of the most produced firearms ever. Lmfao.
And if you actually used your g-rail with the white chalkiness you'd notice it would clean up. But you're too dense to figure that out. What am I demanding of you? Lol. Holy shit having your disability must be rough.

The comparison between a watch that cost multiple thousands of dollars vs an ar15 has me lost.

Would I complian if my $20k watch had damage? Yes.
Would I complian if my $200 rail had a residue that came off with use? No.
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 9:53:28 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

The same can be said for KAC. Their employee turnover rate is very high, or was. For a while there it was a constant rotation for LE/MIL reps.

*Not bagging on KAC as they have done awesome things for me personally in the past. Have personally talked to Trey and Dave Lutz and they went above and beyond for me. I'm a fan. I'll say the same thing about LMT too. Stand up guys.

With that being said, look at the hypocrisy here. No company is infallible. Like I said, I have received more barney shit from KAC than any other company. It should be considered a blem according to this thread, yet we have people paying EXTRA for this. lol
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just don’t understand the blind zombie sheep loyalty.  Go to the G industry page.  You can’t say anything questioning G without massive fanboy blowback.  You think they sleep at Bills house and wipe his butt with their $100 bills.  

I’m not sure how people get that way.  Maybe they just so much money on this luxury item that they can’t stand to hear something negative about it or they will feel insecure about their purchase because it isn’t the best anymore?

I just don’t get it the fierce defending and they never met the guy or been to the shop
Page / 20
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top