Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/10/2013 7:47:31 PM EDT
I picked up an SSA-E trigger from Primary Arms during their Black Friday sale...

I threw it into my LWRC REPR and, after function checking, I noticed that my hammer pin is spinning. I am thinking that Fe/Ca on Al is generally a bad idea, and was wondering if I screwed up on the install... I did not over-tap the pins with my gun show special brass punch kit, but I am an electronics guy and am not sure if I messed anything up...

The hammer pin should stay in place and not spin right? We are only talking about 10 to 15 degrees of rotation per trigger pull, but steel on aluminum will wear eventually...

BTW, no shots fired. Function test only at this point.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 8:37:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Pins rotate it's fine.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 8:44:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Pins rotate it's fine.
View Quote

OK. I just never noticed it before. I guess you could say I was paying rather close attention after I put the new trigger in.

It is rather heavily lubed, so I am taking precautions...
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 8:56:36 PM EDT
[#3]
The springs fit into the indentation on the pins and hold them in place, rotation is perfectly acceptable
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 8:59:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Pins rotate it's fine.
View Quote

This.

I have Geisseles in all my ARs. I can see the trigger pins rotate a bit on them all.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 4:51:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, I got the Primary Arms newsletter today and saw they have the SSAE's back up for sale ($179) and bought another one for the lower build I am doing for my Adams Arms upper. I also picked up two Spikes lowers and two sets of these: KNS Non Rotating Hammer and Trigger Pin Non Rotating

I figured I was placing the order anyway... Why not. I know you said it isn't really necessary, but I figured what the hell, it makes me feel better.

Edited to add... DAMN YOU PRIMARY ARMS!!!!!!!!!! I am sleeping on the couch (again).
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:08:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Giessele does NOT recommend using KNS pins with their triggers. Read the instructions and they specifically mention to only use the hardened steel pins included with their trigger. If you are really concerned with the pins rotating, shoot them an email. They have great customer service and will be happy to answer any questions you have.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:15:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Well, I got the Primary Arms newsletter today and saw they have the SSAE's back up for sale ($179) and bought another one for the lower build I am doing for my Adams Arms upper. I also picked up two Spikes lowers and two sets of these: KNS Non Rotating Hammer and Trigger Pin Non Rotating

I figured I was placing the order anyway... Why not. I know you said it isn't really necessary, but I figured what the hell, it makes me feel better.

Edited to add... DAMN YOU PRIMARY ARMS!!!!!!!!!! I am sleeping on the couch (again).
View Quote

I've been told geiselle specifically advises against using kns pins. something to do with the metalurgy of them or hardness IIRC
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:21:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Well, %$#%.

That is why I am here. If I had asked the forum's permission first, I would not be out $38.00

Anyone want some pins?

Seriously, I appreciate the help, guys. I am an M1A guy at heart and am still figuring out this whole black rifle thing. I am still in my thirties, so don't call me a FUDD.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 9:04:34 AM EDT
[#9]
I believe Spikes has a modified KNS pin set that they think works with Geissele FCGs.
Could not hurt to call and see.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 4:55:14 PM EDT
[#10]
If it ain't broke, don't fuck with it....?

Return the KNS pins or stash them for future use.  I've got a set rattling around here somewhere.
Moon
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 5:18:47 PM EDT
[#11]
I guess you could say I was paying rather close attention after I put the new trigger in.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 6:25:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top