Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Durkin Tactical Franklin Armory
User Panel

Posted: 6/15/2006 1:59:09 PM EDT
any idea when this will become available? Any additional information e.g., cost?, trigger weight?
thanks
Link Posted: 6/15/2006 5:35:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I think cost will be in the neighborhood of <$150.  Weights will be gunsmith adjustable with an armorers kit but will be set up to 2.5lb/1.5lb.  Timeframe is end of the year as long as a certain engineer gets off his butt and stops reading AR15.com posts so two drawings can get finished.

It's a good, solid design.  Intention is that it will be the new standard for SHTF weapons.  Very reliable (no going TU), no screws, standard springs, wire cut sears, high alloy steel designed for wear resistance so it lasts like the Hi-Speed 100K+ rounds.  Install it, safety check and shoot-total convenience.

WHG
Link Posted: 6/15/2006 5:39:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm thinking you guys will have a winner

Might just forget about going two stage till that comes out...
Link Posted: 6/15/2006 7:52:40 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I think cost will be in the neighborhood of <$150.  Weights will be gunsmith adjustable with an armorers kit but will be set up to 2.5lb/1.5lb.  Timeframe is end of the year as long as a certain engineer gets off his butt and stops reading AR15.com posts so two drawings can get finished.

It's a good, solid design.  Intention is that it will be the new standard for SHTF weapons.  Very reliable (no going TU), no screws, standard springs, wire cut sears, high alloy steel designed for wear resistance so it lasts like the Hi-Speed 100K+ rounds.  Install it, safety check and shoot-total convenience.

WHG

SOLD!

Link Posted: 6/15/2006 8:10:22 PM EDT
[#4]
What will this trigger do for your rifle?
Link Posted: 6/15/2006 8:46:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Sounds great.  I just ordered one of GA's triggers for my match rifle, and am looking for something like this non-adjustable trigger for my carbine.

I especially like more reasonable price.
Link Posted: 6/16/2006 6:43:36 AM EDT
[#6]
thanks!
Link Posted: 6/16/2006 7:04:18 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
What will this trigger do for your rifle?

Make it go bang!    

A better trigger is not absolutely necessary, but makes for more accurate shooting due to less trigger issues.  Less pull weight, creep, takeup, etc. = more accuracy potential.  Same reason benchrest shooters use LIGHT triggers.  These aren't for the lowest common denominator.  

It sounds like this new trigger will be the best of both worlds, SHTF reliability coupled with a crisper, lighter trigger pull.    

I LOVE my Geissele match trigger.  It's smooth as silk.  
Link Posted: 6/16/2006 8:54:02 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

WHG

To me it sounds a tad light, pull weight wise, for a duty gun but other then that, if they (you?) can pull off all of the above claims for under $150, then it sounds like you will have a hugely successful product!
Link Posted: 6/16/2006 9:32:46 AM EDT
[#9]
sounds like it's exactly the trigger I need for the build I'm planning
Link Posted: 6/18/2006 8:27:43 AM EDT
[#10]
I just ordered a Geissele LEO trigger for my new LMT MRP.  It's first stage is 4.7 to 5 lbs and the second stage is 1.1 to 1.5 pounds and is not user adjustable.  That is right where I wanted the poundage, as I didn't want one too light on a duty rifle but wanted a good trigger pull.  We"ll see how is works.
Link Posted: 6/18/2006 9:05:11 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Weights will be gunsmith adjustable with an armorers kit but will be set up to 2.5lb/1.5lb.  
WHG

Can it be setup with lighter 1st stage and heavier 2nd stage?  Maybe something like 1.5 lb first, 4 lb 2nd?
Link Posted: 6/18/2006 12:24:53 PM EDT
[#12]
What trigger pull weight are you guys setting yours at?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top