Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/29/2004 8:01:32 PM EDT
What size is the gas tube roll pin?   I have a rifle that is complete except for this one pin.   I'd like to just pick one up locally rather than have to wait until next week to test-fire the rifle.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 8:04:26 PM EDT
[#1]
1/16th inch.

I just bought a roll pin assortment at the hardware store.... I couldnt find one short enough, so I had to cut it down a bit.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 8:29:46 PM EDT
[#2]
I had to buy an assortment too ($3 in the "Help" aisle of Auto Zone).  The 1/16 was too small, the 3/32 was the right one.      Just a FYI in case someone with the same problem reads this post in the future.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 8:41:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Ahhh... thanks.  I just held up my punches to a spare roll pin... and it was much closer to 1/16 than my 3/32 punch.  Guess they compress!
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 8:53:29 PM EDT
[#4]
I picked up the pins on the way to the range and installed it there.   A fellow AR enthusiast walked by and did a double-take at the extra 1.5" pin hanging out the side of my gas block   I should have made up a story and told him it was a tactical ear-plug hanger
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 9:35:45 PM EDT
[#5]
I had the same problem and went to Tractor Supply, with no luck.  Bought several pin sizes.
I looked at an auto store, and finally gave up and ordered 2 from a dealer.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 2:46:27 AM EDT
[#6]
The pin is a 5/64. They are not found easily at hardware stores.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top