Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/21/2006 7:27:22 PM EDT
What is one to do?

I've seen the battle cloth velcro versions. They aren't bad, but reqire a bit of fumbling.

Caulk/silicone sealant. Not a bad idea, but alot of screwing around. i might give this a try, but not sure how well it'll work. plus then i'd have to do it for each AR. Whereas with a charging handle or attachment of some sort, i could swap it from rifle to rifle.

PRI Gas Buster. iv'e heard mixed reviews. Problem is, they vent to the right. That's right in a southpaw's face. Do they make a lefty version?

I've got a can coming. Right now gas isn't a big problem. But with the suppressor it will be. I normally do wear safety glasses, but i'd liek to have sometihng in place incase i don't have glasses on (hunting, self defense, etc)

Are there any other gas blocking devices? Any other ideas?
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 7:47:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm a lefty.

If you put a can on your rifle, be prepared to gag like you just saw your grandmother doing the nasty.

What's even worse, is that the better the suppressor, the more miserable you will be.  If I was going to suppress an AR for a left handed shooter, the first thing I'd be looking at is one of the STAG ARMS left handed actions.  It's not the gas from the charging handle that's going to get you, it's the gas from the ejection port; if you can't address that problem, your in for a long day.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 5:34:06 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
It's not the gas from the charging handle that's going to get you, it's the gas from the ejection port; if you can't address that problem, your in for a long day.

I've got one of the old .mil snap in brass deflectors. I find with my .45 ACP AR, that effectively kills alot of the gas. not all of it, but it sure helps.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 10:11:34 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
It's not the gas from the charging handle that's going to get you, it's the gas from the ejection port; if you can't address that problem, your in for a long day.

I've got one of the old .mil snap in brass deflectors. I find with my .45 ACP AR, that effectively kills alot of the gas. not all of it, but it sure helps.

The pistol caliber cartridges don't produce NEARLY the volume of propellent gases.  I shoot my suppressed 9mm Colt with no problems, but the .223, especially in a shorty, will bring tears to your eyes.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top