Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/28/2006 11:59:24 AM EDT
Hey all,

I'm trying to get my first AR build together. The hold that passes through the delta ring and gas block for the gas tube to go through is off probably less than 1/16", but still enough to prevent the gas tube from going through. Is there a way I can adjust the gas block or delta ring so the tube can go through? Hopefully without removing the block, I don't have my punch with me as I didn't think I would need it today...
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 12:09:04 PM EDT
[#1]
In my opinion, the easiest thing for you to do is move the barrel nut whatever way aligns the tube and gas block.  The delta ring spins freely and will automatically align with the barrel nut.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 12:41:50 PM EDT
[#2]
the delta ring, springs and snap ring all spin so get them lined up if not go to the bbl nut.

i would move the gas block much if its lined up already since you might throw off the sight or gas port alignment.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 1:28:25 PM EDT
[#3]
I think I'm calling the wrong part the delta ring. Let me try this again, the gas block and that part which the top of the handguards slide into aren't lining up. So either the gas block or that top-handguard part has to move a tiny bit.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 1:48:42 PM EDT
[#4]
the handguard cap?

just spin it till it lines up
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 1:57:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Probably the handguard cap. I couldn't find it on the AR diagram, the piece that holds the handguards closest to the muzzle. So it should spin freely? I tried torquing it moderately and didn't seem like it was going to budge.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 2:10:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Move the gas block forward a bit after taking out the pins so that you can then spin the handguard cap.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 5:39:58 PM EDT
[#7]
If you have a gas block and assuming that it is aligned, stick a punch (or hex/allen wrench) into the gas block where the gas tube enters and carefully push from side to side.  This should get the HG cap aligned without harming anything.  Same thing will work if you have a standard A2 sight base.

ETA: my spelling is malafunction!
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top