Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 10/5/2014 9:33:45 PM EST
I'm not new to AR's, but In the process of building my first AR. It will be a mk18 clone pistol, and future SBR.

I've got everything planned except the gas block, as there are so many out there and not sure what i'm looking for. Would I need a $70 one or would a $35 be fine?
Even doing the build on gunstruction narrows it down a bit but there are still many options.
Rail: Daniel Defense Mk18 RIS II
Barrel: Rainier Arms Select 10.5"
Gas tube: Spikes carbine length

What would be a good gas tube compatible with this setup? I've been leaning towards Geissele.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 10:01:11 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/5/2014 10:08:58 PM EST by kb18no1]
Why not use buy a complete mk18 upper from daniel defense.

About the same price.

http://aimsurplus.com/catalog.aspx?search=mk18

Any low profile gas block should work. I'd just get a rainier brand to go with there barrel.

I'd go with an adjustable one if you plan to add a suppressor later.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 6:19:00 AM EST
I've already got all the upper parts on hand that I purchased in the course of a year, minus the gas block and tube. I have an AAC 51T blackout muzzle brake to put on there and for future suppressor use, so I guess an adjustable one is in order.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 8:12:59 PM EST
Nice.

Definitely wanna go with a adjustable gas block. I also would get one with a set screws instead of clamp on. I would dimple the barrel and use the set screws. Imo this is superior to a clamp on.

Great choice on rail and barrel length. Should be awesome. I always wanted a mk18 like yours!!!
Top Top