Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2009 5:37:12 AM EST
Not sure if this is the right place for this but here goes anyway!

I am looking for either a flip up front sight gas block combo, or a picatinny gas block front sight combo that will be at the proper height when using a rear sight mounted directly on a flat-top upper.

Anybody understand what I am asking for here?

I essentially want to remove the standard front sight tower and replace it with a gas-block and sight combo but do not want to run out of adjustment.

Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 11:58:37 AM EST
Check PKFirearms

PKFirearms
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 12:18:14 PM EST
Any front sight designed for the AR will be the proper height to function with a standard or flip up rear sight.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 3:58:25 AM EST
Originally Posted By bloodsport2885:
Any front sight designed for the AR will be the proper height to function with a standard or flip up rear sight.

Not so.........
There are gas blocks of different heights so it would be possible to have a shortergas block and sight combination that would be much lower than waht would work with a flip up sight mounted on the reciever yes?
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 9:37:37 AM EST
Originally Posted By Straper:
Originally Posted By bloodsport2885:

Not so.........
There are gas blocks of different heights so it would be possible to have a shortergas block and sight combination that would be much lower than waht would work with a flip up sight mounted on the reciever yes?

Correct. You have;
Lower profile gas block mounted FSBs and Quadrail mounted FSBs. There are gas blocks at the same height as quadrails. So you first need to know what style you have, then buy the proper FSB.

Top Top