Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/7/2004 1:08:10 PM EDT
I just ordered a Hogue Grip along with a gapper. Midway has the grips for just over $15 BTW, best price I could find on the net. Anyways, is the gapper a good buy or is it something I could have done without? I am only out $3 if it is not needed so no big deal really. I am just curious...
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 1:34:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I have them on all my rifles. Some say they aren't needed. Some think they're great. I think they're great. I've spent a whole lot more on AR gadgets that are now languishing in my parts box.

The nice thing is, you can put them on or take them off without messing up your rifle. So you have nothing to lose.

I recommend installing them while the pistol grip is off. Its easier that way.

And don't lose the spring and plunger when you pull the pistol grip off!

Link Posted: 10/7/2004 1:43:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the tip Lancelot!! I will remember that for sure! The Hogue grip is pretty easy to install however?
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 2:02:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes, you need one.  A couple dozen mag changes and you will be happy you spent the 3 bucks.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 6:00:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Gappers are great.  However, I have found the duckbill grip or Battle Grip by Tango Down to be an even better solution to fixing the gap problem.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 9:57:57 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Gappers are great.  However, I have found the duckbill grip or Battle Grip by Tango Down to be an even better solution to fixing the gap problem.

I agree with that. In fact you can't run a gapper under a TD grip as there isn't enough room. Not that you need it with the TD grip.

Yes the hogue grip is easy to install. Just like changing out any other pistol grip. AGAIN, don't lose the spring and plunger when you do it. (Not that I would know or anything.)

Also the Hogue is available in OD, but last I heard you had to call Hogue and ask for it.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 7:29:37 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Also the Hogue is available in OD, but last I heard you had to call Hogue and ask for it.

Rock River lists the Hogue grip on their site in black or green.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 8:16:49 PM EDT
[#7]
i have one of the gappers in all my ar's the best 3 bucks i have spent
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top