Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/14/2006 7:49:26 AM EDT
Okay, going to the gun show today.    

Now I know I might talk myself out of it, but I'm gona take along $1,000.

I really really hate buying things without researching them first.  And I am a very picky buyer, and gunshows are my weakness.    

I've gone to them not planning on spending a DIME and spent over $200 at times.

So, the cash I'm taking a long is what I want to use for my 9mm AR build.  

-RRA 9MM upper/lower reciever.
-TROS USA 1/2-36 to 3/4-10 adapter
-Predator P9X rail
-Hy-Tech magblock
-ACE 7.25 entry stock
-Red dot optic with folding back up iron sights on both ends.

Basicly at the gun show, I want to buy positive things that help me achieve my GOAL of building this 9mm AR.   But they always find a way of making me spend A LOT of money elsewhere..

Now I know 9MM AR's at gunshows are sparse, but hey, I don't really know, I may stumble uppon a complete one for a nice price.  

What should I do, save the money, buy the parts from our board sponsors etc. (AHEM Legal-Transfers)   or go to the gunshow, blow my project money on god knows what, and then yet again, wait for my build. ??

AHHHHHH  Goodmorning.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 7:52:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 7:59:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Don't forget to pick up some Jerky, costume jewelry and a belt buckle.

I haven't seen a deal or anything new at a local gun show in 2 years.

Then there is the dealer who tells you that the DCI receivered FAL with the Israeli kit is 20 years old, like new and extremely rare for the extremely good price of $2200.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 8:01:21 AM EDT
[#3]
I love seeing used SKS's that "sell" for  500$
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 8:13:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Well I DO find deals occasionally, enough so that I try to be prepared. Would you walk away from a $400 FAL [imbel non century]? A Perfect USGI [not refinished] 1911A1 RR? How about New Colt M-16A1 uppers WITH bolts, carriers and charging handle for $400? I find enough stuff to make it worthwhile to spend 6 buck in adnission and 4 bucks worth of gas to go. Besides, for 10 bucks I get a chance to laugh my ass off at the most incredible assortment of people assembled from every walk of life.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 8:22:05 AM EDT
[#5]
I did get to toy around with an M16 with ACOG optic, and GEMTECH quiet gear at the last one.

Must be nice, ohh, I think I want to build a post sample rifle for myself!
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 8:41:17 AM EDT
[#6]
I have found some great deals at gunshows around here. How about a preban DPMS AR for $400? This was during the ban. Or a Smith Ent. heel marked Poly M14 with a SAK NM barrel and Smith Ent. muzzle stabilizer for $500? Or a brand new Colt 4 pos stock marked N and 1 with new tube, H buffer, end plate, locking nut and spring for $30? I'm headed to the Indy 1500 show in the morning, watch out!

AIRBORNE!
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 8:42:03 AM EDT
[#7]
good luck only buy what you need
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 9:27:21 AM EDT
[#8]
I can't get by the microtech kives.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 9:39:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Do they still sell those rare and collectable Beanie Babies at gun shows?
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 12:29:29 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Do they still sell those rare and collectable Beanie Babies at gun shows?

I went to my first gun show back in the 80's. MACs for a couple hundred bucks. A Saco M60 for $2500. Lots of cool weapons. By the 90's most of the shows were slipping and fewer and fewer class 3 dealers. Today, most of the gun shows are local dealers adertising "gun show specials" that are full retail prices. Very few class 3 dealers and plenty of Chinese throwing stars, ninja swords and beef jerky. I go mainly to pick up cases of ammo with the faint hope that I might come across some "magical "deal.

And yes, the shows around here offer plenty of "rare' Beanie Babies.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 1:20:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 1:29:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Don't forget to get your knives sharpened, and check out the latest Airsoft guns!!
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 1:32:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Oh oh , orlite mags, only $30 each!
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 1:59:40 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Don't forget to pick up some Jerky, costume jewelry and a belt buckle.

Ain't it the truth.  I really wish the promoters would get their act together and not allow that crap in the show.  I also wish they would require the vendors to show up on time and be open for business when the show opens.  Nothing worse than getting to the gun show at 0900 and seeing 25% of the tables covered with parachute cloth.

I may never go to another gun show again.....
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 5:30:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Yay, a few steps closer.

Held a FULL AUTO 10.5" Colt A2 AR15 9MM!! (that wet my whistle)

Then I was looking around at all the neat toys, and then I found a display that had assorted 9mm AR15 things.  ($250 for a stripped colt 9mm marked lower, uhh)
He had Colt 9mm uppers for 650$.  

Anyway...

I bought a YM Hy-tech mag block!!   So this gunshow was a SUCCESS!!!

I am a lot closer to completion now.

I also got a lot of info from a very nice guy on the Predator rails.    A Vector suppressor will fit inside the Predator rail :)

Looks good for a integral suppressor!

Anyway..

Gunshow = success
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top