Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/21/2005 8:35:28 AM EDT
Looking into a Gun Smoke AR-15 flat top rifle, just wanted to know if anybody has fired one or heard good/bad things about them or their products. Thanks for the help.

Greg "Tweeder" Tweedy
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 8:37:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Friends, dont let friends, buy from GSE.

"Flaaahhhhriiiddddduhhh."  

I really dont know anything about the quality of the rifles they *assemble* (not maaaahhnahhhfacture)  

They played some bait and switch games back when they were a popular dealer on this board many years ago.... they dont get real involved here anymore since their reputation was damaged.... they turned out some videos that were just freaking hilarious to watch.... and I hear they are still popular with the locals at the gun shows.

Thats about all I know.  I'll stick with the rifles I build.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 3:10:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Ok true Florida raised people are a bit off , but from the original gangster town Chicago. Moved down due too a plate in my ankle made it hard to walk. What kind of bait and switch were they playing? I seen their rifles did not look to bad , but wanted to know this "juicy" stuff before I bought one.

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 4:19:14 AM EDT
[#3]
They were supposedly selling no-name parts as Bushmaster parts.  I purchased a supposedly-BM M4 upper from them.  The barrel was indeed Bushmaster, but it never shot well.  Turns out, the barrel nut was loose.  I tightened it myself and the rifle is now very accurate.  I now build all my own stuff so I can be sure of the parts and quality of assembly.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:39:11 AM EDT
[#4]
They ripped me off in the early 90s and would not make good on it. They have ripped off numerous members on this board. Jeez I cant believe these guys still find willing customers. They are total crooks in my book.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 7:14:39 AM EDT
[#5]
They sold me several parts claimed to be "all bushmaster".  After reading up on how to identify bushy bolt/carriers they were selling at the time - I called Bushmaster, and they stated that the carrier I had did not come from bushmaster.

Not a huge deal - but GSE was lying to customers.... because they knew a lot of us wanted bushy parts - and anything they considered "all the same stuff" from other vendors.... they would sell as bushy parts.

Not the end of the world, and I am sure they can assemble a rifle just fine.  I just dont want to reward dealers that are exposed for these practices.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 8:09:42 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
... I am sure they can assemble a rifle just fine.

See my post above.  Loose barrel nut.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 8:34:06 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
... I am sure they can assemble a rifle just fine.

See my post above.  Loose barrel nut.

Not defending them - but everyone sends out a turd now and again.  I only pass judgements based on a good sample size, personally.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 9:43:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Horrible CS, and not a reliable source of quality gun parts.  I don't deal with them.  There is cheaper and more reliable sources for ARs.  HTH
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top