Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/12/2006 3:31:31 PM EDT
Ok it doesnt say to take any "extreem" precautions with this stuff on the side of the can. I know breathing DC is bad, but is it the same for KG? How about norrels moly? I will be using a organic mask while painting, but Im worried about the fumes enclosed in my shop (its connected to the house). Any thoughts  
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:06:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Wear the appropriate mask.  Your lungs are fragile.  I don't remember the name of the filters I use, but they block all vapors and particles: used for most, if not all, environments.  It beats hacking blood later in life.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 8:00:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:50:27 AM EDT
[#3]
I think GunKote uses MEK as the thinner/carrier; anyway it says that you can use MEK to make up any evaporation loss during/after storage.  Trust me, MEK is bad shite.  I used to help manufacture it.  Wear your PPE (respirator & safety glasses).
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 12:28:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:16:48 PM EDT
[#5]
wish id read this before i used duracoat in my basement with no respirator a few years ago.  thanks for the info.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top