Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2005 8:26:13 AM EDT
O.k., so I'm a cheap bastard. I am Active Duty Army and I have always used issue cleaning supplies on my AR's.  I have a chrome lined M-4 and a DPMS .308.

Is the stuff uncle sam gives me to clean my weapons good or not? It seems that alot of civilian types will pay a butt load of money for issue magazines, and I get those free too.

Should I spring for some civilian cleaning gear or stick with what I have?

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 8:31:56 AM EDT
[#1]
CLP and the GI rod for me, just like Uncle Sam taught me.  I don't use pipe cleaners anymore, though.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 9:21:49 AM EDT
[#2]
I never could find a use for those stupid things. Q-tips work just dandy.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 5:30:39 PM EDT
[#3]
i bought a bore snake and an otis m16 cleaning kit...total of about 40 bucks.

i like to otis kit because every thing is brass and  one wont sctatch and 2 all parts have a life time warranty......

i had to buy an cleaning kit because it didnt come with one so i did a bit of research and decided
on the otis kit.....

on those free usgi mags....hook a brother up????  lol just kidding
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top