Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/16/2004 9:17:33 PM EST
Need to get a single point sling adapter for my collapsible stock. I like the GG&G adapter that I use on my Rem 870, but which would you recommend for an AR - the "standard" or the "agency" model? It looks like the standard might possibly interfere with left hand charging handle operations while the agency appears to cant the sling slightly lower... Any feedback?
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 9:46:58 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 9:03:57 AM EST
Thanks Lumpy - I think that's what I need...
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 3:59:20 PM EST
Have one, works great with a Giles Wilderness Sling!!
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 5:04:23 PM EST
i like the daniel defense burnsed loop myself, over the GG&G. the edges of the DD are rounded off and don't wear on the sling as much as the GG&G.
cheers,
MM
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 9:45:27 AM EST
My advice would be to check out the one that Bushmaster makes now. Its a better one than the GG&G in my opinion.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 12:21:09 PM EST

Originally Posted By militarymoron:
i like the daniel defense burnsed loop myself, over the GG&G. the edges of the DD are rounded off and don't wear on the sling as much as the GG&G.
cheers,
MM

Another vote for the DD. It does not interfere with any controls, your hands, or your cheek weld.

Link Posted: 9/22/2004 1:44:56 PM EST
Just got one of those sling adapters today from DPMS, it isnt the one I'd ordered.
They sent me a ambidextrous, with a loop on each side.

May have to make do with it or just get reed of it.

Bad thing is, I sent off for this at the same time as I did for my Vltor stock.

The Vltor came it days ago, so it has already been installed already.

TG
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 7:05:08 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 7:36:47 PM EST
And if you're gonna "tac up" with web gear and such, expect the Badger Tac Latch to get caught on everything. I really like the function on the gun, but hated it poking me in the side and getting hung up on all my gear.

Link Posted: 9/24/2004 3:36:13 AM EST
You know I have raked my knuckle exactly once with the GG&G plate. In all this time, I have done it ONCE.

Much ado about nothing.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 7:19:51 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 7:27:02 AM EST
Great advice. Perhaps you can make a sling accessory that holds the correct tactical duct tape dispenser for just such an event? Just a thought.

Link Posted: 9/24/2004 8:13:48 AM EST

Originally Posted By Lancelot:
And if you're gonna "tac up" with web gear and such, expect the Badger Tac Latch to get caught on everything. I really like the function on the gun, but hated it poking me in the side and getting hung up on all my gear.

Ran into the same problem Lancelot..just got into the habit of slinging the weapon ejection port against my rig, tac latch facing outward. Since this is how its done in a transition anyways, it was easy to get used to. Violla no more latch hang ups.

Note: I was using a Giles Single Point Sling, might not be as doable with a three or two point.
Top Top