Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/18/2003 9:01:13 AM EDT
Just recently purchased a Surefire M510AB for my 20" A2 and am trying to find a solution to the tac sling problem. Anyone use the Front Sling Thing from GG&G?

I was thinking of inverting the light so the LED's are at 3 o'clock and the main light is at 7 o'clock, then using the Sling Thing to move my SOP sling up over the top of the main light.

I'm mostly concerned as to whether the sling thing can put undue stress on the front sight or barrel.

Thanks!!
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 7:02:53 AM EDT
[#1]
I have used a Sling Thing for about 3 years and carried the rifle alot and have never had any problems.
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 7:09:38 AM EDT
[#2]
the problem with the sling thing is it gives you a point where the rifle pivots on.  it can make the rifle cant or twist.  i use a 6" piece of paracord tied into a loop and the sling will slide along the loop and "find center".  
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 8:15:06 PM EDT
[#3]
I have several carbines set up with Sling Things. I do not get any weapon roll. I am running them with Giles slings and they have been working very well.
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 11:56:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Quick question:

I noticed the rear GGG Sling thing has a notch to accomodate the ridge on a CAR stock, will they fit on an M4 Fiberlite telestock?
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 3:01:43 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a ggg sling thing on a fiberlite stock. It is pretty secure.
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 7:45:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Monty0124:

Take a look at LazyShooters post in this section about sling setups for lefthanders using SureFire M500s. There is also a post in the sling section on this same question.

I tried a GG&G single point adapter with a CQB Solutions HST sling, then finally went with a KAC ambidextrous quick detachable adapter. I have been very happy with the KAC....
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top