Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/26/2005 8:45:19 PM EDT
The raised nub that supposed to fit into the receiver is OVAL. The hole in my Bushmaster lower is ROUND!!!

As a result, the mounting plate doesn't sit flush with the receiver. Anyone else experience this???

I installed it anyway with seemingly no ill affect other than a small gap between the bottom of the plate and the receiver.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 10:43:36 PM EDT

Originally Posted By 8200rpm:
The raised nub that supposed to fit into the receiver is OVAL. The hole in my Bushmaster lower is ROUND!!!

As a result, the mounting plate doesn't sit flush with the receiver. Anyone else experience this???

I installed it anyway with seemingly no ill affect other than a small gap between the bottom of the plate and the receiver.

I had two GG&G single-point plates on my rifles. One of them fit perfectly, the other was somewhat out of round & would not fit into the hole. A little careful work with a file solved the problem, then I just touched up the shiny metal with black paint, & put it together. It probably depends on how badly out of round yours is....My experience with GG&G has been that they will make it right if you send it back to them. I just didn't want to wait for a replacement when I could take care of the problem so easily myself.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 2:45:40 PM EDT
I dunno about you but I'd be unhappy with any gap that could mangle my rear pin detent spring... not because they are expensive, just because they are mildly annoying to put in.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 8:17:50 PM EDT
I had the same problem with my GG&G adapter plate. I just dealt with it. It was still irritating just knowing that it was like that (I like everything tight). There was never any ill effect as a result of it, but no one could convince me that the hang/slung weight of my carbine wasn't affecting this "gapped" plate. I ended up selling it and the single point sling.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 3:01:45 PM EDT
Mine fit on my Bushmaster just fine, but it sure did look like hell for a new plate. I painted it flat OD.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 3:12:01 PM EDT
My love of GG&G ended this year. Alot of the stuff I purchased has had problems. BUIS, Front Flip-up Sight, Sling thing, etc. My luck with Troy has been much better, sad to say.

myit
Top Top