Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/1/2005 4:00:25 PM EDT
Search turned up nothing. Any experience with the GG&G Bi-Pod? Anyone held or seen it? From the website it looks well made and can me connected to a rail easily, but would like some feedback before I take the plunge.

77Bronc
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 6:58:55 PM EDT
Anyone? Any help would be great.

77Bronc
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 3:29:53 AM EDT
i like my GG&G bipod..direct thumb screw attachment to pic rails, depress lever to pull each leg in position (no annoying 'twang'), optional swivel top i think, rock solid design ... downside ---> GG&G's customer service with 30 day delivery extending to 90 days and multiple broken promises
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 8:03:54 AM EDT
It's light, it's strong, it's well made, and it attaches to a rail easily. I have the swivel version, and you should be aware that there is no locking option - so you have to hold your gun in place while sighting and shooting. There is some friction in the swivel, however, and I haven't had my Dissy flop over or anything.

I like mine. It works much better on an AR fore-end than a Harris, I think. I leave my Harris on my .300WM AICS.

As for GG&G service, I had mine 4 days after I placed the order. I guess service levels vary from person to person...
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 7:07:35 PM EDT
Thanks for the feedback, I think I am going to get one.

77Bronc
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 8:58:41 AM EDT
I want one of these but can't seem to find someone who has them for sale. Anyoe have a source and a good price?

Steve
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 11:40:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/16/2005 7:35:33 PM EDT by SAICO]

Originally Posted By IL_Shooter:
i like my GG&G bipod..direct thumb screw attachment to pic rails, depress lever to pull each leg in position (no annoying 'twang'), optional swivel top i think, rock solid design ... downside ---> GG&G's customer service with 30 day delivery extending to 90 days and multiple broken promises

I just received my GG&G bipod from a Jan. 05 backorder. It was the wrong part. I tried to get them to send me the correct bipod and I would send mine back at the same time. I got a big fat "NO", until they got back the part. ***** the "I'm the office manager", attempts to impersonate David Spade from the Capital One commercials.

GG&G customer service? Don't ask them, they're wondering too. There's other alternatives out there from companies that appreciates/respects their customers. Why give it to these ? You'll probably get better service from Botach.

This was my 2nd and last order from them. They screwed up the last one, too - and after the same broken promises of delivery dates they gave to IL.shooter. Shame on me on this one, I'm done with them.

77Bronc - sorry for the hijack. Just wanted to pass along personal experiences if you're going direct. Try going with a reputable dealer if you can find one that has them in stock.

The bipod itself is very nice and solid as stated above. I really like it. Have you checked the prices? They're spendy.

Standard - $167.90
Standard swivel - $174.00
HD Standard - $182.00
HD swivel - $204.00
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 1:27:50 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 1:41:03 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:05:11 PM EDT
Well,

This is not the first I have heard of the poor customer service at GG&G. When comparing the cost of a Harris and mount, the GG&G is in the ball park.

But the Customer Service, I am not sure I want to go through with it. Especially when there are other great dealers are out there.

Anyway thanks for the feedback.

77Bronc
Top Top