Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/20/2003 4:25:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/20/2003 5:12:29 PM EDT by techbrute]
Does anyone have experience with the GGG flip up front sight for dovetailed gas blocks?

GGG!!!

I'm curious wether or not it has a detent or locking mechanism in the up and/or down position.

I suppose it's too much for ARMS to make a front sight to match the #40 rear I have. My dream sight is spring loaded so a simple action will shoot it into place, like the #40.

Also, who's the bargain GGG dealer?
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 10:43:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/20/2003 10:47:28 PM EDT by AK_Mike]
I have the GG&G on my Armalite which came with a dovetail gas block. I don't have access to the rifle, but I don't think it had the locking detent like my other GG&G front flips, could be wrong though. They may have gotten around to adding the detent by now as it was a year ago, give or take, that I got mine from [url]www.mstn.biz[/url]. MSTN may still carry them. Think of it this way, it's better than the Bushy front flip, and I don't know of any other decent front dovetail that flips. Wait, just found a picture of it, and I don't see a button for a detent lock, but remember, GG&G may have changed it by now. [img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=13417[/img] [img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=13416[/img] Edited to say, bottom picture sucks, but the original is better, I blew it up, and I don't see anything on the other side, it's just like the right side. I would say no, but you might want to check with GG&G.
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 2:34:00 PM EDT
For anyone that's interested, I contacted GGG and the sight has ball detents.
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 3:08:40 PM EDT
Sorry, I should have mentioned that. All their BUIS's have ball detents, but the newest ones (not including the flip up front dovetail, cause I don't know) have locking springloaded pins.
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 3:52:30 PM EDT
Thanks, Mike. Apparently the front sight doesn't lock at this time.
Top Top