Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/24/2006 7:39:28 PM EDT
Heard on a local DC radio news station (WTOP):

General Electric buys S&A (SNA) and is now the largest supplier of small arms ammo to the US military and 18 other countries.

Others may know this but this is the first that I had heard of it.

All I found was this:

General Electric Vindicator Minigun 5.56mm NATO SSC
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 8:52:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Sweet!
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:27:13 AM EDT
[#2]
ATK makes the vast majority of U.S. military ammunition - look here to read more.  Further, I've gone through the past six months of GE press releases, and there's no mention of any industrial acquisition that could possibly be interpreted as S&A or an ammunition maker.

I don't know where the talk show people got their information, but they got it wrong.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 2:43:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Actually, it was General Dynamics, not General Electric.

General Dynamics to Acquire Ammunition Producer SNC Technologies Inc.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 4:16:26 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
ATK makes the vast majority of U.S. military ammunition - look here to read more.  Further, I've gone through the past six months of GE press releases, and there's no mention of any industrial acquisition that could possibly be interpreted as S&A or an ammunition maker.

I don't know where the talk show people got their information, but they got it wrong.

Yes appartntely they were wrong on some of the small details. They did say it was GE Not Gen Dynamics and they said it was SNA that was acquired.  No information on their web site for either company.

Thanks to dewatters for the correct info.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top