Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/17/2006 6:36:26 PM EDT
Tonight I was able to take the time and mount the EoTech on the SEBR and the reticle in the EoTech was fuzzy, is this normal, or will it clear up and produce a sharp circle with use?
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 6:45:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I notice mine is fuzzy at times, I think the battery is about dead.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 6:47:22 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Tonight I was able to take the time and mount the EoTech on the SEBR and the reticle in the EoTech was fuzzy, is this normal, or will it clear up and produce a sharp circle with use?

Try turning down the adjusting the power level. If its too bright it tends to be fuzzy.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 6:53:00 PM EDT
[#3]
nope, swapped the batteris and it still looks fuzzy. I wonder what the deal is with it?
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 6:56:00 PM EDT
[#4]
URL=www.eotech-inc.com/cust_faq.php]Here you go!
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 6:56:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:13:32 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
nope, swapped the batteris and it still looks fuzzy. I wonder what the deal is with it?

Are you looking at the target or the reticule?  Reticle will look fuzzy if you look at it - try looking at the target instead.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:18:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks, turned down the brightness and focused on a car (empty) and now while it's still fuzzy, it's not as bad as it was.

Course my glasses are dirty & I've got really crappy vision the way it is.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:22:37 PM EDT
[#8]
1 way to check if it's the EOTech.  If you have a digital camera.  Take a picture of the reticle.  If no camera, just use the BUIS.

Look through the small aperature and into the EOTech.  When i do that, the EOTECH retical is nice and round.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:55:01 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
1 way to check if it's the EOTech.  If you have a digital camera.  Take a picture of the reticle.  If no camera, just use the BUIS.

Look through the small aperature and into the EOTech.  When i do that, the EOTECH retical is nice and round.

Will have to mount the ARMS 40L/SP and give it a try
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:56:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Mine was fuzzy until I learned I needed glasses. Now it is sharp if I look at a far away target. The holographic reticle is designed to be sharp when you look through it, not at it.

It will always have 'laser speckle' though. That is a kind of graininess that is characteristic of a hologram.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 2:14:19 PM EDT
[#11]
The question about the EOTech reticle being "fuzzy" keeps popping up on the forum.  I have posted the following picture several times as it best shows how the EOTech reticle should look when viewing a target.  In this picture the reticle is a little too bright and is causing some blooming, or halo, effect.  If the brightness were turned down a couple of notches, it would look a little sharper.  You will notice how the reticle is in sharp focus with the target vehicle, while  the front sight post at the bottom of the image is out of focus.  This is one of the advantages of the holographic sight.  The human eye works just like this camera lens. The reticle remains in focus with the target so both of your eyes can literally stay focused on the threat during actual combat and not on the front sight post.

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 7:24:26 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

update?
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 7:40:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Excellent picture, thanks!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 7:45:57 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

update?

Got called out to work and am now going to bed sicker than a dog
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 7:46:16 PM EDT
[#15]
When they start getting fuzzy that means they are starting to go through puberty.  It's natural.

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top