Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/25/2009 9:19:45 AM EDT
So these mags are available around the net, but have not heard much about nor seen any for sale here. Are they trash? Has anybody used them, seen them or thrown them away? Not cheap in price,but boast one price body and stuff. Thoughts, feedback, info?
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 4:07:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Dig around the magazine forum. They get the job done.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 5:38:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 7:30:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Thanks!

FWIW, I just ordered my second set of 5ea from Brownell's. Larue also sells and vouches for them also.

Link Posted: 1/27/2009 10:46:08 AM EDT
[#4]
I ordered 10 of these and 25 Lancer from Brownells. I have read the reviews on these and passed a few on to buddies to try them out and they all can back "Have any more." Having been a GI for 10 years Active Duty and Unit Armorer for most of it, bent feed lips was the biggest problems with M-16 magazines. On many of the live fire ranges, I would throw any bad mags we had on the ground and smash the sides in to make them easy to ID as bad and take them out of the system. These Fusil mags I can't do this to, same with the MagPul/Lancer/HK etc. Many of the aluminum mags the Army had seen alot of abuse and are quite old.  On the Zero Range, I used Colt 20rd mags, many with Aluminum followers, because you only need "9" rounds to zero your Rifle.  I find that buying a variety of mags over the years and giving each one some "range" time  you will pick a favorite one. I prefer 20rd mags with 15rds. I shoot paper, dirt and the occasion critter. I like the MagPul 20rd mags, they lock in the magwell very good, but they are to new on the scene same as with Lancer. I have own a Glock  too and it is "Plastic" or polymer type material but Prefer my Colt 1911 in a tactical situation. That may be the feel of metal or Just that I was trained on the Colt and trust my life with it over a Glock. Agree or disagree but I feel the same with metal mags in an AR-15 over a "Plastic" one. This may change over time and everyone has an opinion.  Everyone trusts what works for them. I don't carry a weapon for work or need one to carry with me everyday for protection. I live in farmlands of IL. These Fusil mags have a some what sharp lip on the mag but I like them.  I just wish I had more time to evaluate all these "new" type mags before Everyone's fears of the Current President come true. So all we can do is buy what we can and trade or sell the least favorite ones off at Gunshow, if they are still legal. Gunshows too.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top