Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 3/3/2006 12:48:29 PM EDT
When I look through my Aimpoint with both eyes open instead of seeing a clearly defined dot I see what looks to be a cluster of dots. If I close one eye and/or squint a little it gets clearer. Is it me or the sight? This is an older Aimpoint Comp I got from Natchez about a million years ago. It has a pretty big MOA dot for hunting purposes. How clear should the dot be?

Rob
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 12:56:47 PM EDT
most likely your vision. I have a stigmatisim ans the dot seems like a startburst to me, but it is perfect to my friend. Squinting will always improve your vision....it's like the old trick of taking a piece of paper an pokinginf a small hole through it, when u look through it, your vision is suppodidely 20/20
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 12:58:16 PM EDT
Rob,

The best way to test the sight is to rotate it while you are looking at the cluster, if the cluster moves with the sight then there is a problem with the optic, if the cluster does not rotate with the sight then it is most likely your eyes.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 12:58:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/3/2006 12:59:41 PM EDT by RobDog]
You know I wear contacts and both are the same correction. Same lense for both eyes. I've never been told I astigmatism.

I'll try the rotating trick now

Thanks

Rd
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 5:57:17 PM EDT
the dot in any Aimpoint is never a perfectly round circle but more like what you said "a cluster of dots". You don't really notice the cluster when you are shooting, it looks more round but when you focus just on the dot it does look like a cluster.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 5:15:01 AM EDT
Well that sounds encouraging. I've never looked through any other Aimpoints but mine. I'll try and check out some at the next show.

R
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 8:55:33 AM EDT
my dot seems to have a tiny tail down and to the left. If I flip up my KAC 300m, it is a perfectly round dot...
Top Top