Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/6/2005 10:15:11 PM EDT
Vulcan (yes yes, I know) said they would accept the rifle to fix since it appears to be a factory problem, but - here goes.

Sighted in for 300m, the rear sight has to be moved ALL the way to the left... and the bullets are still hitting right by a couple clicks... but I'm all out of clicks! No more to be had.

My local gunsmith said that since it's a Carbine 1/1000th of an inch would take care of it.... He suggested I file out the rightside holes slightly and "hopefully" that would give the front sight post enough lean to be able to be sighted correctly...

However, I don't trust sending my Vulcan back to Vulcan, having heard the horror stories about their service. On the otherhand, it seems like they're the only ones who can do anything.

And as much as I would loooove to buy a new barrel or upper, I can't afford it for quite some time.

Pictures can be taken... But what kind of idiot builds an AR15 that can't shoot straight?! At least in the '60's the bullets went in a straight line... when they went at all.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 10:18:04 PM EDT
[#1]
You bought a Vulcan.....thats my diagnosis of the problem
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 12:30:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Canted FSB.....
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 12:54:19 AM EDT
[#3]
What do you mean by Canted FSB?

I'm guessing it means the FSB is tilted... i suspect this is the case for my rifle because zeroing it is very hard.

Edit: I just looked. Yep it's tilted!!! What can i do?
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 1:08:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Send it back to have it straightened or a new barrel installed. Nothing you can do, really.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 3:53:16 AM EDT
[#5]
If you have a warranty, use it. Don't accept anything theat resembles the front sight being bashed around. Tell them you expect the FSB mounted true into the barrel. In all likelihood, they will ahev to rebarrel or give you a new upper. Fixing canted FSBs is next to impossible.

Simon
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top