Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/15/2002 11:49:00 AM EDT
I am looking to purchase my first AR-15 in an M4 configuration (or as close as I can legally get).  I have heard good things about both Fulton Armory and Rock Island Armory.  Has anyone had the opprotunity to compare these companies' products?  If so, what are the pors and cons of each?  Finally, is COlt really worth the extra money?
Thanks - yet another newbie to the field
Link Posted: 11/15/2002 11:53:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Sorry - make that Rock River Armory and Fulton Armory.
Its been a long day at the office.
Link Posted: 11/15/2002 12:54:25 PM EDT
[#2]
RRA = great stuff great price
Fulton Armory = Great stuff but pricey
Link Posted: 11/15/2002 3:05:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Rock River is the best all around choice other than Bushmaster.  I don't have any experience with Fulton, but Rock River always offers great quality.
Link Posted: 11/15/2002 7:16:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Agreed, both are good AR's I also like Bushmaster. all have been good weapons.
          FREE

Quoted:
RRA = great stuff great price
Fulton Armory = Great stuff but pricey

Link Posted: 11/16/2002 4:10:16 AM EDT
[#5]
I put together an all RRA M4 and its an excellent weapon. Shoots flawlessly, no problems whatsoever and really like it.  Don't know much about Fulton but agree about being rather pricey.
Link Posted: 11/16/2002 5:41:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Fulton Armory--Pricey? Well, I guess that depends on what kind of rifle you want:

A "Liberator-M4" costs a grand, and ships to your dealer quickly. It includes a 4-rail gas block, a 4-rail FREE FLOAT handguard, side sling swivels front and rear (QD), ergo grip, gapper, and accuwedge installed.

Forgetting about the grip, gapper, and accuwedge, how much would that rifle cost if ordered from Bushmaster, and how long would it take to get?

On the accessories side, Fulton is certainly not cheap, which is why I didn't get my Aimpoint, mount, or rear sight from them: those I put on (or will put on) myself. Back when I got it the flip-up front was included (and the rifle price higher), now a $75 option.

I think I got a fine value, since I specifically wanted a rifle with a flip-up front so I could mount my Aimpoint low (GG&G std. mount direct to flat-top receiver).

Julian
Link Posted: 11/16/2002 5:45:12 AM EDT
[#7]
[Remove double-tap posting]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top