Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/11/2004 6:25:12 AM EDT
I'm considering ordering Fulton's Guardian adjustable buttstock assembly for BM 16.  I've already confirmed that it is Post-Ban legal, but I just wanted to see if anyone has used one and what they thought of it.  The thought of being able to keep it set up as a short entry sized stock would be nice and still have to ability to set it full length for the range.

Thanks,
Chris
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 6:54:53 AM EDT
[#1]
I have one and I like it alot.  The shorty is too short for me and the A1 buttstock is too long.  This allows me to adjust a happy medium.  It is pretty tough and can handle a moderate bump without moving, but I am sure if you really wanted to, you could make it move.  This is a former upper I had on the lower.

Link Posted: 5/11/2004 7:26:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Mongo,

Nice rig.

Thanks for the info.  I'm in about the same boat; for any tactical type shooting the A2 was just a bit long & I really didn't want to be locked into the shorty.  From what I can tell I'll just need to experiment a little to find the right length upper buttstock screw since I have a single point sling adapter between the lower and buttstock.

Thanks again,
Chris
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 9:33:47 AM EDT
[#3]
I have one and used it for a year or so

It works - its about the same length as the Sully stock when it fully collapsed.  Its a bit heavier than I really wanted - but it allowed me & my wife to use the carbine.  Then I found I could use the stock fully collapsed so I don't bother extending it anymore.  So I'm switching over to the simpler (and lighter IIRC) Sully stock.

If you need/desire the adjustment capability its a nice stock.  Very comfortable.  I thought I'd hate the ribbing on the buttpade but I ended up really appreciating its grip.

I even wrote a review on the adjustable part of it (as its sold separately) :
groups.msn.com/TheMarylandAR15ShootersSite/adjustablebuttplatereview.msnw
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 11:31:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Hey Forest,

Is an illusion or is my buttstock shorter than yours?  Hard to tell, really.  More of an observation than anything else.  Nice rifle, BTW.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 1:43:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Mongo,
They are the same physically- though yours is longer as its extended.  

Nice rifle, BTW

Ditto my friend, I like the case with the mutliple optic option.  Glass for any occasion...
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 2:51:51 PM EDT
[#6]
I was saying that mine looks shorter - even extended a little.  Must be an illusion.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 6:46:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Forest,

Thanks for the info and the link to the review.  You brought up a good point about it's durability when clearing jams, I had wondered about that.  That could be a big issue.  I do like the cotter pin idea, but that doesn't solve the set screw to the buttplate being a weak link.  A two tube/bar design should give the support needed...

I'll have to see how much easier it will be for my girlfriend to shoot with a shorter stock & go from there.  May look into a Boom Tube cut down to the best length for her.

Nice rifle.  I haven't tried a front pistol grip yet.

Chris
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 7:43:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Mongo - chalk up the optical illusion to poor photography and low-res gear.  Also you're longer barrel may help with the illusion.

CD-K,
Options like the Sully stock (which I understand has a spacer with it now) and the ACE Entry Skeleton stock w/ & w/o the buttplate are also available.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top