Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 5/11/2004 5:25:12 AM EST
I'm considering ordering Fulton's Guardian adjustable buttstock assembly for BM 16. I've already confirmed that it is Post-Ban legal, but I just wanted to see if anyone has used one and what they thought of it. The thought of being able to keep it set up as a short entry sized stock would be nice and still have to ability to set it full length for the range.

Thanks,
Chris
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 5:54:53 AM EST
[Last Edit: 5/11/2004 10:32:34 AM EST by mongo001]
I have one and I like it alot. The shorty is too short for me and the A1 buttstock is too long. This allows me to adjust a happy medium. It is pretty tough and can handle a moderate bump without moving, but I am sure if you really wanted to, you could make it move. This is a former upper I had on the lower.

Link Posted: 5/11/2004 6:26:41 AM EST
Mongo,

Nice rig.

Thanks for the info. I'm in about the same boat; for any tactical type shooting the A2 was just a bit long & I really didn't want to be locked into the shorty. From what I can tell I'll just need to experiment a little to find the right length upper buttstock screw since I have a single point sling adapter between the lower and buttstock.

Thanks again,
Chris
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 8:33:47 AM EST
I have one and used it for a year or so

It works - its about the same length as the Sully stock when it fully collapsed. Its a bit heavier than I really wanted - but it allowed me & my wife to use the carbine. Then I found I could use the stock fully collapsed so I don't bother extending it anymore. So I'm switching over to the simpler (and lighter IIRC) Sully stock.

If you need/desire the adjustment capability its a nice stock. Very comfortable. I thought I'd hate the ribbing on the buttpade but I ended up really appreciating its grip.

I even wrote a review on the adjustable part of it (as its sold separately) :
groups.msn.com/TheMarylandAR15ShootersSite/adjustablebuttplatereview.msnw
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 10:31:50 AM EST
Hey Forest,

Is an illusion or is my buttstock shorter than yours? Hard to tell, really. More of an observation than anything else. Nice rifle, BTW.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 12:43:03 PM EST
Mongo,
They are the same physically- though yours is longer as its extended.

Nice rifle, BTW

Ditto my friend, I like the case with the mutliple optic option. Glass for any occasion...
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 1:51:51 PM EST
I was saying that mine looks shorter - even extended a little. Must be an illusion.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 5:46:17 AM EST
Forest,

Thanks for the info and the link to the review. You brought up a good point about it's durability when clearing jams, I had wondered about that. That could be a big issue. I do like the cotter pin idea, but that doesn't solve the set screw to the buttplate being a weak link. A two tube/bar design should give the support needed...

I'll have to see how much easier it will be for my girlfriend to shoot with a shorter stock & go from there. May look into a Boom Tube cut down to the best length for her.

Nice rifle. I haven't tried a front pistol grip yet.

Chris
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 6:43:59 AM EST
Mongo - chalk up the optical illusion to poor photography and low-res gear. Also you're longer barrel may help with the illusion.

CD-K,
Options like the Sully stock (which I understand has a spacer with it now) and the ACE Entry Skeleton stock w/ & w/o the buttplate are also available.
Top Top