Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/18/2003 12:04:38 PM EDT
Hello,

I need some experts on this one. What do you think about Fulton Armory uppers/rifles???? Any good? Is the quality anywhere near Busmaster's or RRA's quality? Any opinion on their vintage M16A1 rifle/upper in pre-ban config.????

Regards,
Petri
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 2:50:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeas they make very good rifles, as good as RRA or bushmaster.
         FREE
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 3:10:38 PM EDT
[#2]
They make better than those others, since they are not mass produced and are more heavily inspected.
Good shootin, Jack
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 12:03:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info lads :D

Regards,
Petri
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 9:38:57 PM EDT
[#4]
I've got one of their"Hornet"/C-7 post-ban uppers that I've had zero problems with,just put it on my lower and shoot. I just recieved
one of their "Legacy" preban uppers,and it looks good,but I haven't had the opportunity to test it for function yet.
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 4:23:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Fulton Armory is famous for excellent cosmetic finishes.  Don't let that fool you, they buy their parts from the same suppliers everyone else does and their assembly shows no more care than anyone else.  There's seldom anything to go wrong with an AR15 assembly if you start with in-spec parts.  There's no gaging or hand fitting required here, just reasonable care.

One guy assembling a dozen rifles vs. 20 guys assembling 20 dozen; hand assembled vs. "mass production?"

-- Chuck
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 8:18:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Mil Spec parts are all the same...

BUT, unless I'm buying PARTS, I want the help of someone that knows more than parts.  I puchase from companies that will spend the needed time to talk with me and assist me with what I need.

Clint, at Fulton is a true professional with years of experience and is willing to share that knowledge with you.  I know there are others out there that will do the same, I have had experience with Fulton and that experience would bring me back.

If I just need an upper or a part and I know what I want than I have lots of choices of where I can get that...If you need a little assistance with your next project, and want to be able to actually TALK to someone vs. email conversation...Fulton is one to consider.
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 9:03:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Are the chamber/barrels chrome-lined?
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 6:10:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Not unless specifically specified.  

"Chrome moly" doesn't mean "chrome lined."

-- Chuck
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 2:36:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Not unless specifically specified.  

"Chrome moly" doesn't mean "chrome lined."

-- Chuck
View Quote

I believe their "Hornet" series A1 clone comes with a USGI 1:12 chrome-lined barrel.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 3:57:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Thanks for the info, once again. Do you guys know anything about their "legacy M16A1" rifle? I'm planning to buy one and I'd like to know more about it. The pictures sure look good, too bad they don't have pictures of the pre-ban upper but I assume it's an exact replica of the original slick-side M16A1??

All info greatly appreciated!!!

Regards,
Petri
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top