Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/30/2002 5:26:07 AM EDT
Looking for info/reviews on anyone owning any of Fulton Armory's AR15s
Link Posted: 10/30/2002 8:11:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Good luck Dude... I'm also interested in a Fulton but got very little response on this forum. I would have thought there were more Fultons out there...
Link Posted: 10/30/2002 8:28:12 AM EDT
[#2]
jwcrabb is right. I tried this too.  Just got bashed for wanting the best of the best.  The simple mention of Les Baer, Wilson Combat, Hatcher, Fulton Armory, and the like will bring out the tired old "you can build a better rifle for less money" crowd in droves.

Jimno
Link Posted: 10/30/2002 9:06:58 AM EDT
[#3]
There have been a couple of reviews of Fulton Rifles on this forum - the search feature is down for now so good luck on finding them.

Fulton makes a nice accurate rifle - could you do it for less?  Probably - assuming you had the time, skill, and tools.  Fulton will make a nice looking and shooting rifle.

Personally I'd go to them if I was looking for a competative MATCH rifle or precision varmint rifle.  

However, for a general purpose rifle or a defensive rifle I'd rather go with Bushmaster.
Link Posted: 10/30/2002 9:57:41 AM EDT
[#4]
I have exchanged a couple emails with the owner, and they have been extrememly helpful with all of my questions.  They even offered to have someone show me around if I could stop by their facility even though they have no retail shop.
I understand some of the points made here, but their Post ban M4 type 16" carbine, which comes with a ton of solid and extra features is only $799 which is right inline with Bushmaster if not cheaper.  My local shops want well over $850 for the Bushmaster M4.
Link Posted: 10/30/2002 10:46:02 AM EDT
[#5]
FWIW,

I ordered some parts from Fulton this past summer.  They kind of screwed up my order and they charged me for things they never shipped.  I called and pitched a huge bitch, cancelled the unshipped part of my order.  about 1 month goes by, I receive a package from Fulton-Armory.  They shipped the part I cancelled at NO charge.  

I was impressed with that move.  I was not planning on ever ordering anything from them again, and they pull a first class move.

-Fuji
Link Posted: 10/30/2002 12:50:17 PM EDT
[#6]
You'll have better luck searching the rec.guns newsgroup for comments on Fulton Armory. Go to groups.google.com and search the archives.

Link Posted: 10/30/2002 6:59:17 PM EDT
[#7]
I just ordered an Predator upper from Fulton yesterday and they built and shipped it by TODAY!  They even called me check on the twist rate because they weren't 100% sure and spent half an hour discussing the benefits of two stage triggers and favorite scope mounts.

Yeah, its' a bit pricey but I've done some business with them for my M1A and they're top rate and really stand behind their stuff.
Link Posted: 10/30/2002 8:53:48 PM EDT
[#8]
First class weapons yea there a little more expensive not by much but their worth it, I've had zero problems with my fulton armory upper.
Link Posted: 10/30/2002 9:20:41 PM EDT
[#9]
I've been (unsuccessfully) looking for anyone who's had experience with one of their dedicated 22lr uppers.  I keep thinking about ordering one, since I can't find anyone else with a dedicated upper (except KKF) and really would like to build a dedicated 22lr rifle.

Anyone have any opinions on their 22lr uppers?

FOTBR
Link Posted: 10/31/2002 2:55:46 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I've been (unsuccessfully) looking for anyone who's had experience with one of their dedicated 22lr uppers.  I keep thinking about ordering one, since I can't find anyone else with a dedicated upper (except KKF) and really would like to build a dedicated 22lr rifle.

Anyone have any opinions on their 22lr uppers?

FOTBR

DPMS supposedly makes a dedicated .22LR upper now. Also, Compass Lake and Accuracy Speaks make them as well.

compasslake.com

accuracyspeaks.com
Link Posted: 10/31/2002 6:12:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for the pointers, I didn't know about them...however they both seem to want several hundred $ more than the FA kit.  I'm looking for a 22lr plinker upper, something I can shoot a lot, and cheaply...not a match grade upper.

Thanks again though
FOTBR
Link Posted: 10/31/2002 7:38:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Well I'll find out next week.
I just had them build me a Guardian M4.
My FFL is picking it up Monday and I'll have it the next Tuesday. Maryland considers it an AW and I have to wait 7 days to get it once the paperwork goes in. I'll make a post once I have a chance to try it.
Link Posted: 10/31/2002 12:09:22 PM EDT
[#13]
I bought an M-4gery upper from them last spring.  When I received it, the barrel indexing must have been slightly off because it took almost all of my windage adjustment to zero.  I shipped it back and they adjusted at no charge.  Next time out, it took only one or two clicks to adjust windage either way depending on shooting XM193 or 50 - 55 gr. handloads and the initial groups were impressive.  On two occasions the rifle failed to chamber a full-length sized handload that could not be pulled back out by the extractor.  Very glad the rifle did not fire out of battery!  Fulton's response was "don't shoot handloads in this upper".  Other than that the upper functions flawlessly with a very nice fit and finish.  Apparently the match chamber is tighter than the Bushys and Colt I have loaded for in the past, and ammunition chrono's 50 to 100 fps faster than from my other 16".  I am looking forward to mounting a scope and really testing accuracy with this one.
Link Posted: 10/31/2002 4:54:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Probable the front sight was off a little, I had some winchester ammo, that was a little tight in the chamber, it fired and ejected fine, but if I pulled the charging handle to eject the rd, it was a little difficult. then I tried some wolf ammo and belive it or not it fed and fired them flawlessly.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top