Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/23/2007 6:53:08 PM EDT
I think this belongs here... anyways anyone have any experience with the fulton armory  m16 slickside copy or just fulton armory in general?  I just have a huge crave for that rifle... h
thanks much
Cory
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 8:53:50 PM EDT
[#1]
I have no personal experience with Fulton, but I haven't heard anything bad.

As far as 1:12 twist goes, you should have no problems with accuracy as long as you use the correct ammo.

Accuracy should be great with 55grn or lighter ammunition.  Anything heavier than that will be wildly inaccurate past 75 yards or so.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 9:26:48 PM EDT
[#2]
OK thank ya much... might just have to get one then
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 9:39:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I've seen a guy with a Fulton AR-15 who said he loved it.

From a regular stand point. Fulton Armory makes one of the highest quality M-14s that money can buy.

Judging just from that, you should be in good hands.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 1:14:23 AM EDT
[#4]
thanks for the info cuda
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 9:24:47 AM EDT
[#5]
FA service is quality. The slickside upper is supposedly from DPMS. I bought one for a retro build. It is a rich, matte black- not Colt gray. Machining is a bit spotty in some places (like the inside of the carry handle and the charging handle channel is on the tight side of tolerance) but I find it endearing as the military has seen rifles in similar shape. My only gripe about the machining affecting function is the ramp cut for the ejection port cover detent is not machined deep enough. I have to take something thin and poke the detent to close the down. I can fix that with a rat tail file.

The barrel went in awfully tight, which I like. The A1 rear sight assy went in awfully tight too, which I didn't like.

I'm satisfied but I recognize that the upper's machining can be improved. Nothing I can't fix on my own, however.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top