Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 11/1/2004 4:00:31 AM EST
I have been looking around to buy my firest AR-15. What experiences have you had with these companys? So far these I have seem to like the best. Thanks for your imput.

-Aaron
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 4:05:19 AM EST
Fulton, been in the buisness much longer, no contest in know how and quality.
Jack
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 4:28:53 AM EST
yup
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 5:02:41 AM EST

Originally Posted By 3rdtk:
Fulton, been in the buisness much longer, no contest in know how and quality

I don't think so. Fulton has only been working on ARs since 1997 or so. Prior to that they were exclusively an M1/M14 shop...
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 5:17:50 AM EST

Originally Posted By GcS:

Fulton, been in the buisness much longer, no contest in know how and quality

I don't think so. Fulton has only been working on ARs since 1997 or so. Prior to that they were exclusively an M1/M14 shop...

The quote said "been in the business".......... Fulton Armory has been in the business since 1987.

Now that I've finished being a nit-picker, I'll have to put in my vote for Fulton. A much smaller shop than DPMS, they'll build what you want. You won't be stuck with a 'spec' rifle and you can be sure that every part will be as close to mil-std or GI as possible. Add the fact of Fulton's excellent one-on-one customer service and they're the better choice!
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 1:37:51 PM EST
Regarding the Fulton uppers, anyone know of any problems or reasons not to mate one with an Armalite lower?
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 1:44:14 PM EST
[Last Edit: 11/1/2004 1:45:47 PM EST by Alpha15]

[The quote said "been in the business".......... Fulton Armory has been in the business since 1987.]

Wrong!!!!!

DPMS Has been in buisness since 1986 and offers the most upgrades [custom features] than any other MFG out there at an affordable price with a reasonable build time.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 1:50:34 PM EST
BUSHMASTER

but of the two, i'd go w/ NEITHER; fulton armory is too damn expensive, but havent heard nothing but good stuff about them; dpms sometimes has less than top of the line stuff, unless you pay more, but still overall good quality
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 1:59:14 PM EST
Both are good; just get what you want.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 2:48:45 PM EST
DPMS were basically a salvage yard, and then were middle men between manufactures and gov't published procurment solicitations. They did not get into making guns untill about 4-5 years ago. Before that they only sold various devices made by different companies. Nothing wrong with it, but they havn't got the knowledge of a Fulton Armory.
Jack
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 3:05:01 PM EST
Here's a vote for Fulton. Clint and company are a class act with a top notch product.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 8:59:58 AM EST

DPMS were basically a salvage yard, and then were middle men between manufactures and gov't published procurment solicitations. They did not get into making guns untill about 4-5 years ago. Before that they only sold various devices made by different companies. Nothing wrong with it, but they havn't got the knowledge of a Fulton Armory.
Jack

Wrong!!!
They've been building comeplete rifles since 1993 Fulton just started building AR15s!
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 9:51:10 AM EST
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 5:10:15 AM EST

Originally Posted By DPMS:
Thanks Alpha 15 Ah yep we have been making complete rifles since 1993. Guys if you want to get facts about DPMS ( and get it right ) Please call me My name is Dustin I am the Sales Manager here or Better yet call Randy Luth he started this company. He would be happy to give you history.

Thanks
Dustin

no, thankyou Dustin!
Top Top