Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/6/2005 5:57:44 PM EDT
a question if i put my colt 9mm upper on a full auto lower that my pd has will it work or would i have to make mods other than moving the mag block over the lowers just came in off 2 colt a-1 223 from 1975 thanks jim
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 6:06:50 PM EDT
Jim,

You may want to get the Bolt ramped to dramatically reduce the wear on the FCG. Check the FAQ section for 9mm converstion. It is very complete and you should find an answer there.

Mike
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 4:34:45 AM EDT
Jim,
It’s probably not a good idea to slap on the upper and let it rip. If you’re running a collapsible stock on the lower you are definitely going to want to swap in a heavier buffer. Ramping and weighting the bolt is also a good idea, although not required to get the gun up and running. I would definitely recommend swapping out the normal M16 FCG pins with the stainless ones that Colt designed specifically for use in the 9mm. Also, what upper are you talking about? If it’s a Colt SMG upper you’re good to go, but some of the early carbine uppers came from the factory with a semi bolt. They’re rare, but they do exist so you would at least want to take a quick look and see. I don’t know if the carbine uppers were cut for the auto-sear or not, but again you might want to double check and make sure. What block and magazines you use can also make a huge difference in how the gun functions. Colt factory magazines are going to be the most reliable and any drop in block at least has the potential to be problematic. This isn’t to say it might not work great, just that the potential exists for “issues”.

Steve
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:43:59 PM EDT
Does anybody know what FCG I can't figure this one out fire control maybe can't figure out what G means
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:09:07 PM EDT
FCG = Fire control group: trigger, hammer, disconnector.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 6:10:49 AM EDT
Thank you
Top Top