Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/25/2005 10:25:33 PM EDT
isnt it illegal to have a full auto carrier in anything other than a registered MG?

is colt really seeling the LE6920 with full auto carrier? WHY??
must it be replaced with a semi auto carrier?

also somewhere on this site i once saw a list of model numbers witha brief desciption of each? can anyone send me a link to that?

i have searched and i just cant relocate it

thanks guys

paid up 2-3 weeks ago
how long does it take for admin to change my status from member to team member with the advanced search??
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 10:30:36 PM EDT
do a search, i have seen this topic a lot recently so you should get some good results
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 10:35:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/25/2005 10:36:09 PM EDT by dpmmn]

Originally Posted By 70SS454:
isnt it illegal to have a full auto carrier in anything other than a registered MG? No

is colt really seeling the LE6920 with full auto carrier? yesWHY??
must it be replaced with a semi auto carrier? No

also somewhere on this site i once saw a list of model numbers witha brief desciption of each? can anyone send me a link to that? THere is a list over on Bigger Hammer www.biggerhammer.net/ar15/variants/

i have searched and i just cant relocate it

thanks guys

paid up 2-3 weeks ago
how long does it take for admin to change my status from member to team member with the advanced search??

Link Posted: 9/26/2005 1:46:17 AM EDT
It is NOT illegal to have a standard M16 carrier in a semi auto AR15. Colt started the cutaway carrier/notched hammer thing as a politically correct piece of garbage back in the '70s, and all the copycats just followed suit for 30+ years. Go on over to the legal section of the site, and you can find a pic of a letter from BATF to Colt essentially saying, if it doeasn't make the rifle fire full auto it's legal.

And that's when Colt started saving themselves a buck or two by dropping the milling out of the xarriers.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 2:10:59 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 2:18:13 AM EDT
A F/A carrier dosen't make a rifle shoot auto.

It is safe and good-to-go.

I have a question............

do you have a '70 SS454? Or just a fan of them?

(My dream ride, and just ahead of the SS396)

Now, back to our regularly scheduled thread
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 11:18:14 PM EDT
i own a 70 SS 454 chevelle but do not know how to post a pic!!!
Top Top