Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/31/2017 7:00:46 PM EDT
Is there a source for a full auto bolt carrier for the SIg 516? I want to use the new Fostech Eco trigger and it needs a full auto M16 bolt carrier to work.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 9:41:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Good luck. There's not really a source for a 516 anything that has to do with the operating system.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 9:43:15 PM EDT
[#2]
LWRC or SIG
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 12:22:21 AM EDT
[#3]
As he said lwrc Has been reported to work

Then gen2 echo or alter the bcg
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 9:37:36 PM EDT
[#4]
I purchased an LWRC bcg a couple years ago and it fits and works in my 516, and also has the M16 profile. Also allows the Raptor CH to fit due to tiny difference in the height of the piston key. I'd consider selling you both the BCG and charging handle at a slight discount if you're interested. I could live without the nickel boron, though I'd really miss the Raptor.
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 9:09:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Adams Arms carriers work also
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 10:19:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Adams Arms carriers work also
View Quote
The LWRC is a perfect fit. I would not recommend using an Adams Arms bolt carrier. The strike faces of the Sig 516 and the LWRC are concave and the op rod is convex. The strike face of the Adams Arms bolt carrier is flat. Use the bolt carrier that matches the op rod. A mismatch will lead to premature wear of the op rod and the strike face.
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 10:55:32 PM EDT
[#7]
The Superlative arms carrier might work.  The strike face has a dimple.
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 11:21:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The Superlative arms carrier might work.  The strike face has a dimple.
View Quote
I just compared and the SA strike face is about .030" farther rearward compared to the SIG and LWRC strike faces. The op rod would hammer the Superlative Arms strike face with that gap present. Sig Copied the LWRC bolt carrier and that got them in hot water. They went back and milled out extra material to make their carrier "look" different than the LWRC but functionally they are the same.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 9:46:53 PM EDT
[#9]
The Adams Arms carrier has been in this 516 for 2 years now. Still going strong with no signs of wear. Works fine. Still cant figure out why anyone would not keep their SIG carrier.
Link Posted: 11/11/2017 7:05:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The Adams Arms carrier has been in this 516 for 2 years now. Still going strong with no signs of wear. Works fine. Still cant figure out why anyone would not keep their SIG carrier.
View Quote
My SIG 716's carrier is distinctly NOT FA compatible, and the OP was looking for a FA carrier for his 516...
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top