Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 3/11/2010 9:13:25 AM EDT
My Sabre Defence upper didnt come with a front sight sling swivel. Bought one and a rivet off MidwayUSA. Awesome service, fast shipping, etc...

How do I go about installing this rivet?
Link Posted: 3/11/2010 9:41:44 AM EDT
I did this...place the swivel in the tab, push the pin through..then I used a prick punch to push the edges on the rivet down and finished the edges with a roll pin punch and 4oz hammer.

FYI..a prick punch is a real thing and can be found at sears..it looks like a regular punch but it has a point on the end
Link Posted: 3/11/2010 9:49:02 AM EDT
I've read the easy to do it and have it come out looking "right" (without buying some special tool) is to use a BB pellet and a vice. You install the pin and swivel and then put the BB in the hole of the pin then clamp it with a vice. The should roll the edges of the pin over for a factory look? (Never done it myself so I can't say for sure?)
Link Posted: 3/11/2010 9:56:09 AM EDT
Originally Posted By airgunner:
I've read the easy to do it and have it come out looking "right" (without buying some special tool) is to use a BB pellet and a vice. You install the pin and swivel and then put the BB in the hole of the pin then clamp it with a vice. The should roll the edges of the pin over for a factory look? (Never done it myself so I can't say for sure?)

I've used the BB method. It worked but it doesn't look like a factory job.
Link Posted: 3/11/2010 11:14:35 AM EDT
Here a proper tool to set the shop end of the rivet.

Top Top