Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/1/2009 4:20:01 PM EDT
I have a S&W flat top and went to the range today to shoot it. I couldn't tell where it was hitting, so I had my buddy shoot it while I looked at our 100 yard target with a spotting scope.
Then the guy in the stall next to us laughed and said that we were actually hitting HIS target! I good 18 inches or so to the left of where we were aiming.

I moved the windage adjustment on the rear site all the way to the right....literaly could not go any further. We reshot, and it STILL was shooting 6 inches left!

I got home and looked at the front sight and noted that it is about 1-2mm right of center! It says "MI" on the front of the sight. There is no adjustment on this that will allow me to center it.

Any ideas?

I'd add a photo, but I can't figure out how to do it....

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 9:38:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 9:38:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 9:39:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 7:19:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Wow, thanks! How do you know this is the answer....have you had this problem? Not questioning you, just curious....

I'm not sure how to fix it. Where would I hit it with the mallet?
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 1:17:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Trust Dano. He definatly knows what he is talking about.
I wont say his words are gospel, but I sure as hell wouldnt try to second guess him.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 1:41:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I got home and looked at the front sight and noted that it is about 1-2mm right of center! It says "MI" on the front of the sight. There is no adjustment on this that will allow me to center it.

Is the front sight attached to the handguard? If so, whacking the barrel will correct nothing. If the handguard is canted it will need to be reindexed.

Front sight like these?
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 10:26:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 10:26:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top